Pricing ?$?$?$?$

dcairns

Just noticed at the GM media site, the price of the SS has changed from

pricing.jpg

to

pricing2.jpg

I wonder what that means? Were they just testing the $39,995 price out to see what our reaction would be? Mervz never did get an official price from his sources at GM. :huh:

I don't see how the price could be any higher. The GMC Denali MSRPs for 45K and has QuadraSteer, a $4500 option for a Chevy 1500 truck. When you consider that the Denali can easily be haggled down to 40K (see Edmunds), the SS is actually over priced at an MSRP of $39,995. On the other end, a Chevy 1500 LT Ext Cab 4WD, short bed MSRPs for about $34K. Add the cost of the wheels, suspension mods, larger engine and SS mystic and you have the low price for the SS. I would put that at $36K. So somewhere between $36K and $40K is the range. Where it will land, who knows? :unsure:

I just had the dealer I ordered mine from check GM Autobook and it still has the 39,205 pricing structure in place. Also, he mentioned that his rep stoped in to the dealership this past Friday. When asked about the story on the SSS, he was told that VOM should begin accepting orders by Thanksgiving. (I think those are the names of the systems GM uses :P)

Justin

You are right, I didn't even notice the change from 4WD to AWD. :blink: Got so excited about the change in the price column, I stopped reading. They are no doubt the same truck, and it is just a refinement of the terminology.

I just got back from ordering my truck and the base price on my paperwork states 39,205.00. Has anybody heard about the GM discount NOT being allowed on this truck? My dealer told me that it was NOT going to be allowed but he would keep checking to make sure that GM might change their stand on the issue. I ordered a black one..with trailering package and xm radio.......check out my member number...427...perfect!

Try checking with Ron about the employee discount. He is friendly and helpful kind of guy, even if he isn't going to be selling it to you.

http://www.silveradoss.com/forums/index.ph...870e97f90f04a5b

And congrats on joining the patiently waiting club :D Be sure an post your order in the 'Waiting Room' forum.

At this point I am pretty sure that NO ONE knows what the price will be, including GM. They still have tons of un-answered questions!

Polish the wheels? Which Tranny? GM buy-power? .......

It's all speculation.

Fun to talk bout though B)

As of today my Autobook at work still says 39,205. As for the GMS pricing it is up to the dealer from what I understand. I don't think many will allow GMS especially at first. I asked our general manager about it for me the other day. His first reaction was not but I reminded him of the fact that I have been his top salesman 5 months straight and how I have only been in the business fro 5 months. He said he will see what he can do. I'll keep my fingers crossed.

Archived