GM to Cap Gasoline Prices in Calif., Fla.

NorCalSS

Not sure if this is news to you guys but i was reading: GM to Cap Gasoline Prices in Calif., Fla. that GM will be giving rebate incentives to those who buy their vehicles.

"...General Motors Corp. on Tuesday said it would cap pump prices at $1.99 for customers in California and Florida who buy certain vehicles by July 5."

"The offer is good for 2006 and 2007 model year vehicles. In California, eligible vehicles are the Chevrolet Tahoe and Suburban sport utility vehicles and Impala and Monte Carlo sedans; the GMC Yukon and Yukon XL SUVs; the Hummer H2 and H3 SUVs; the Cadillac SRX SUV; and the Pontiac Grand Prix and Buick LaCrosse sedans. In Florida, eligible vehicles are the Impala, Monte Carlo, Grand Prix and LaCrosse."

"GM will credit drivers the difference between the average price per gallon in their state and the $1.99 cap. The credits can be used through December 2007. Consumers wouldn't get any credits if gas prices fall below $1.99."

"Each month for one year, GM will give drivers a credit on a prepaid card based on their estimated fuel usage. Fuel usage will be calculated by the miles they drive, as recorded by OnStar, and the vehicle's fuel economy rating."

The only catch is that you have to pay 16.95 a month for the Onstar Diagnostic Service after the first free year, which isn't all that bad when you add everything up.

Last time I checked 87 octane gas here is 3.37 a gallon, so with the 1.99 difference, that's 1.38 a gallon GM will give you for each gallon you pump for that month.

Might be a good time for me to consider trading in my old 90' 4Runner for a new Yukon! :dunno:th_68635_yukon_ext_fnt3qt_lrg.jpg th_68698_yukon_ext_rear3qtdrive_lrg.jpg

What do you guys think about the new promotion GM is trying to sell. If all goes well they might consider giving the promotion to other states soon after.

-ejay

Edited by methodtical15 (see edit history)