Ignition Wires question (Direct Hits Ignition)

I'm about to order the Direct Hits Ignition system but I thought I read something once about having to reuse the stock metal heat shields. Is this correct? I don't want to burn up the wires. :wtf:

And I don't know if anyone is interested but I found this link http://www.directhits.com/Article.pdf

They installed the system on a honda which already had NGK wires and it saw gains of 10fwhp in some areas. Not bad. :thumbs:

Take my word and don't waste your money!

Me and my partner took one of those things apart and there is nothing to it. I believe it is nothing but some type of capacitor. It provided no gain and at times made it very hard to start. Sometimes to the point where it needed to be taken off to get it to start.

If your looking to upgrade your ignition system, purchase something proven like an MSD system or something similar. I installed a 6AL box along with one of their billet distributors in my 1960 bug with a 1914cc motor in it and saw a significant gain along with easier cold starts and better idling. I have no idea if MSD makes something for our truck, but you would be better off spending your money on that than that snake oil Direct Hits.

I believe MSD doesn't make anything for our trucks.

They do make a controller for LSX style engines which looks as if it replaces the stock pcm and is programmable for boost nitrous and many other things but my guess is that this would cost more than just buying hpt and upgrading to a 3bar map. (BTW no i'm not talking about their unit for putting a carburetor on an LSX engine)

Archived