getting rid of the corsa

Holty

Like i posted before, i really like the sound/tone of the corsa sport, however it is just not loud enough for me. I just ordered (2) single 2.5" in, single 2.5" out flowmaster 40 series mufflers from Summit. I'm gonna try to find a shop that will set these up so it exits out the passenger side in front of the rear tire. I'm hoping for a LOUD system, from idle to WOT, i want it LOUD. i hope this is the setup im looking for. I know a couple of you guys have or had this same setup before, what do you think? i would just go with cutouts or straight pipes but i need to have mufflers to pass inspection and don't want it to be crazy loud inside the truck.

Corsa sport is still up for sale and i am willing to ship it this time around. i'll post in the for sale section on those details.

I have two 40's under mine. In front of the passenger rear tire. Only i have 3' in and out. They just made the stock pipe fit in the in side until i get headers. I plan on upgrading to a full 3 all the way down. Its pretty loud bu ti have never heard the corsa in person so i couldnt tell you how they compare. heres a pick of what mine looks like right after i got it done.installedtips4.jpg

i recommend cause im addicted to the flowmaster sound.

I have two 40's under mine. In front of the passenger rear tire. Only i have 3' in and out. They just made the stock pipe fit in the in side until i get headers. I plan on upgrading to a full 3 all the way down. Its pretty loud bu ti have never heard the corsa in person so i couldnt tell you how they compare. heres a pick of what mine looks like right after i got it done.installedtips4.jpg

i recommend cause im addicted to the flowmaster sound.

nice, thanks for posting up. i hope its really really loud. for those of you that have heard the corsa sport at WOT, that is the sound i'm going for, only all the time, not just WOT. hehehehe

btw, this truck is slowly becoming my non-daily driver but it still has to pass emissions/inspection which requires mufflers and cats.

I had dual 40 series on mine prior to the Magnaflows. The Magnaflows are a bit more raspy and when in WOT they are similar to a glasspack. The FM were louder but a different tone alltogether. Of all the mufflers I owned, the 40 series Flowmasters are my favorite sounding. You should hear my truck now...its insane with hollow cats. I am re-doing my exhaust this summer to a full 3" dual set-up with cutouts. BTW, you can pass emmissions with hollow cats. There are a few codes you have to disable as well as the rear O2's. I'd suggest hollow cats if you are looking for loud but it is a bit much for my taste.

Keep us posted!

Holty,

I am actually in the process of going the opposite way! I've got dual 40's right now and I commute about 45 minutes everyday and the drone in the cab is too loud. So I'm gonna throw on a Corsa Sport soon.

The dual flow's are loud at WOT and has a nice rumble at idle, and I'm not even F.I. like you. So it'll be even louder w/ your setup. :thumbs:

-ejay

lol i thought this truck was just to "tow" with?? :devil:

well, its kinda complicated. i usually drive my wife's car 3 or 4 days a week to work. the other day or two i drive the truck, or ride my bike. so, in all reality, the truck is still my daily driver and always will be, and the wife does drive it sometimes, so it does have to be somewhat bearable. sp?

Hey Josh, I don't think you need a muffler to pass inspection. I didn't have mufflers on my Dodge Ram and never had a problen. Unless they changed that law in the past 4 or 5 years. I know you have to have cats on your truck for inspection. Wheather they function properly or not, that has to do with the emissions test. Just FYI

Next weekend both of my flowmaster 40's are coming out, they have 6 inch chrome tips dumped out of the muffler. I will be selling them as soon as the headers are in(hopefully by Friday and I can get to the Muffler shop(also hopefully Friday) and put on my Bassani mufflers. If interested jsut let me know, Flowmasters are loud, but their is louder. You might want to look at a flowmaster 1 chamber or also called a 10 series.