Hypertech question?

someone just recenlty asked the same question, if your stuck with the hypertech go to the highest shift point you can without it bouncing off of the rev limiter. if you want even more out of your pcm go with a custom pcm4less or zippy tuine!

I am new to this site just bought my 06 silverado ss. which programer whould you guys recomend.

So far from the reading that I have done on here the best bang for your buck is a custom (or mail order) turn. I plan on going with a PCMforless tune once I have the CAI installed that is on order :D

I am new to this site just bought my 06 silverado ss. which programer whould you guys recomend.

So far from the reading that I have done on here the best bang for your buck is a custom (or mail order) turn. I plan on going with a PCMforless tune once I have the CAI installed that is on order :D

what is a CAI never mind cold air induction I have already added that to mine I put the k&N filter charger kit. thanks for the info.

Edited by parkerkyb (see edit history)

• 1 month later...

I am new to the site. I have a 03 with the hypertech. I think 1 set my rev at 6000 the 1-2 shift is like 5800,2-3 5900, 3-4 5900. Ill look if im wrong ill repost. Dont know if this is the best programmer but i could feel a diffrence.

I am new to the site. I have a 03 with the hypertech. I think 1 set my rev at 6000 the 1-2 shift is like 5800,2-3 5900, 3-4 5900. Ill look if im wrong ill repost. Dont know if this is the best programmer but i could feel a diffrence.

Shift points are one thing, but I think if you have a Hypertech and a SS, chances are your Hypertech is for the LQ4 6.0L, not LQ9. Unless of course, the Hypertech is now out for a SS. Last word I heard they weren't making it because of the high CR of the LQ9.

I ordered my hypertech from performance products.It says for ss truck part #30031. I installed it with no problems. If this is the wrong 1 I havent had any problems.

Interesting. Last I heard they weren't making it.

***Edit - I went to the Hypertech website and found your part number to be associated with these applications:

2002-03 Escalade/Denali 2WD/AWD 5.3/6.0L

Also went to the website you mentioned and went in through year/make/model (which a SS is listed as an available model) for Hypertech and it says no products available for this application.