Ls6 Heads and cam!

Blaker888

Ok I was talking to a guy today who said a LS6 heads and cam who benfit my truck greatly I would like to know what u guys think and If he is wrong I have know idea what is best for our engines. Besides Nitrous and superchager. Also can running straight pipes with just cats hurt your motor? :dunno:

i have the ls6 heads on my truck. my SCR is 11.1

my cam specs are 232/234 .595/.598 112 lsa power band is 1800 to 6400

truck runs strong, some say this some say that but come for a ride in my truck and see it sure doesnt lack lowend and it sure pulls all the way to i shift

i have the ls6 heads on my truck. my SCR is 11.1

my cam specs are 232/234 .595/.598 112 lsa power band is 1800 to 6400

truck runs strong, some say this some say that but come for a ride in my truck and see it sure doesnt lack lowend and it sure pulls all the way to i shift

Thats not a LS6 cam though

Well Im going to put a vortech superchager on it so I thought the duration of the LS6 we be nice! I may be wrong so thats why I ask u guys so yea what do u guys think the best cam is for that application. :confused:

Ok what does that mean cause Im new at this! :confused:

He's suggesting that you don't use LS6 heads because they would effectively raise your compression. When you add FI (forced induction) to your motor you can run more boost by using lower compression to start.

The stock heads on your LQ9 are "317s"

Alright so what cam should I go with and where can I get it! :smash:

well what do you truely plan on doing to this truck and what do you want out of it. be honest here

Well I want it pretty much to look like an SS and beat this kids SS camaro or just run 11.3s that what I want and I dont have an issue with money. It just takes forever to save it up! I WANT TO BEAT THAT CAMARO MOST OF ALL! :mad: