Chambered exhaust

Has anyone used a chambered exhaust before. I have to replace mine since it got ripped up by a piece of metal I ran over right after it fell off some idiots trailer.

I was thinking of going with a chambered muffler. Due to the small size and muscle car sound.

I have a few guidelines for my exhaust system though:

true dual so you can hear the cam

Side exit before rear wheel

Not brutally agressive under part throttle

and screams under WOT

Anyone have anything like this? If so do you have any pics of your exhaust? What size pipe and what mufflers?

My original exhaust was two V force mufflers and 2.5" pipe with 3" tips. It wasnt agressive enough at idle or part throttle but screamed at WOT. After a few months though, the mufflers started to rattle from the internal baffles comming loose and it sounded like crap at idle. Like a heat sheild was loose or something. So it really didnt break my heart when i saw that all was messed up was my mufflers and some bent pipe after i hit that scrap metal. Im just glad it didnt rip a hole in my fuel tank or mess up some wires or even worse, brake lines.

If anyone has any ideas let me know. Im open to suggestions.

Get the Corsa sport exhaust, you won't be disappointed. No interior resonance, awesome WOT sound, and it will definetly accent the cam at idle. You can find the system for under $700 new. The only down side is it will not exit before the rear wheels like you want, it exits in the stock location behind the rear wheel.

Get the Corsa sport exhaust, you won't be disappointed.  No interior resonance, awesome WOT sound, and it will definetly accent the cam at idle.  You can find the system for under $700 new.  The only down side is it will not exit before the rear wheels like you want, it exits in the stock location behind the rear wheel.

I've never heard a Corsa system that I've liked. :dunno: Do you know of any sound clips?

I just remembered, I'm hosting some clips for j4nash that you might like to hear:

Corsa Sport on stock LQ9

Corsa Sport on 408 (idle, pre-tune)

Corsa Sport at 2/3rds throttle (1-2 shift)

Mr. P. :)

Edited by misterp (see edit history)