Water Leaking In

cwest94

I dont really drive my SS much in the rain, but it does sit outside all the time. I noticed a couple times some stains on the side of the drivers seat, just below where the seat belt comes out. Well anyways a couple weeks ago I spent 5 hours cleaning the entire truck and cleaned these stains off the side of the seat thinking I some how got stains there and just didn't remember.

Well we ended up having rain none stop for like a week and when i washed the truck and drove it to work the next day, I noticed when I got out that the side of my seat had a stain that was about 2 feet in size and the drivers door panel and the back door panel was covered in this dry stain.

I looked on the passenger side and seen little staining on the side of the passenger seat and some on the back panel door. The funny thing is that I could not find any of the carpet being wet.

I can see that where the two doors come as one, right where the latch is at the top, I see the weather strip has a pinch in it, so I'm sure this is where I have water leaking.

I was just curious to know if anyone else has had this problem and if the dealer was able to fix it with success. When I called the dealer last week to bring it in, the service guy started to act like he wanted to fight with me that I was making up this entire story.

The service guy got even more pissed when I told him that my a/c isn't working AGAIN (took in 4 times last summer) and the broken power mirror switch is broken.

I'm taking it in on Wednesday evening, but after the way he acted with me over the phone, I'm sort of scared to go in, I may end up punching the guy in the face. I got into a fight with him last summer when I took my ZR2 in for new brakes becaue I could hear them grinding and they said the brakes still had 70 to 80% life left, then when I took it in a couple weeks later for state inspection, I found out that all four roters and pads were gone.

Sorry for the long rant, I guess I just want to know if anyone else has had this same leaking problem and if it was fixed just by changing the weather strip and if it came back latter.

The problem may be the seal your thinking, or it could possibly be the third brake light gasket is shot. Mine took a crap and ended up dumping water in my truck when I went through a car wash. There is a channel behind the brake light witch lets the water run towards the side of the truck down the doors and onto the seats.

Archived