New rims! I finally made a decision...

I just ordered my new rims and tires. As the title says, I got the Centerline RF Zoom rims (attached pic) in the 20X8.5" size. They weigh in at only 26 pounds each and cost $125!!! At nearly 10 pounds lighter than anything I could find costing less than $200 each, I couldn't pass them up. The styling is a little retro 80's->early 90's looking, but I really like them.

The tires are the Yokohama Geolandar's in 275/45/20 to drop the final drive ratio down by 6.8%. :driving: The tires weigh 40 pounds each, for a combined total weight of around 66 pounds, which is about 12 pounds lower than stock per wheel... Plus these tires acually look like (and have been reported on Tire Rack)they can cut tracks through a midwest winter instead of skating around like hockey pucks like the stock Goodyear LS's do.

Along with my tb stall, I should hopefully be able to get this pig out of the hole when the foot goes down. I can't wait!!!

untitled.bmp

Edited by SS_bnoon_SS (see edit history)

Nope, not kidding. I almost got the California ones that are smooth (without the design), but decided I like the design better. I'll be powder coating the centers dark gray metalic though, for a slightly different look. I know they won't be popular with the younger croud, but I like them. :cheers:

They look like the old wheels a friend had on his (then new) '89 S-10 back in high school. I can't remember the brand name of his rims though... Might have been Colorado Customs perhaps??? Can't remember...

Nope, not kidding. I almost got the California ones that are smooth (without the design), but decided I like the design better. I'll be powder coating the centers dark gray metalic though, for a slightly different look. I know they won't be popular with the younger croud, but I like them.  :cheers:

They look like the old wheels a friend had on his (then new) '89 S-10 back in high school. I can't remember the brand name of his rims though... Might have been Colorado Customs perhaps??? Can't remember...

where are you doing the powder coating? email me and let me know. I have a hook up on the north side of DM. cheep if you are willing to let him do it in his spare time. also I wanna get with you when you do the TQ convertor. I will be more than willing to help. also we should get together soon. I can do it at my house if need be. But I still have no kitchen. still remodeling. that just means BBQ and beer!!!!!!

Nope, not kidding. I almost got the California ones that are smooth (without the design), but decided I like the design better. I'll be powder coating the centers dark gray metalic though, for a slightly different look. I know they won't be popular with the younger croud, but I like them.  :cheers:

A little too much surface area for me, but as long as you like them.

You're powdercoating everything but the lip?

where are you doing the powder coating?  email me and let me know. I have a hook up on the north side of DM. cheep if you are willing to let him do it in his spare time. also I wanna get with you when you do the TQ convertor. I will be more than willing to help.  also we should get together soon.  I can do it at my house if need be. But I still have no kitchen. still remodeling. that just means BBQ and beer!!!!!!

Doing the powder myself at a friend's shop, if at all. We've done poweder coating as an "on the side" job for years.

I've been thinking about another GTG too. If we do the converter, it will be on a Saturday sometime... I just need to clear some other projects around the house off of my schedule before I can get the converter done.

You're powdercoating everything but the lip?

Yeah, kinda like this...

post-7241-1149616818_thumb.jpg

I deff. like the powder coated wheel better.

Can't wait to see what they look like on the truck. :chevy:

I can't wait to see them either. If I do the powder coat thing, I'll be having the Chevy emblem painted in the same color, and probably repaint the grills to perfectly match too. I also will be matching the side exit exhaust tips with high temp powder coat in the same color... :cool: