McGoofys helper bags

I was driving to work today, and I cross the intersection and I hear a loud noise under the truck :confused: . I pull over look under the truck but everything looks normal. I get to the drivway and hear it again. I had the truck put up on a lift, and my driver's side mount is broken. I have no idea how this happened. I am very easy on my truck (when it comes to bumps, its the gas I have a problem with). I called up McGaughys and sent them pics. They are trying to tell me it happend when it was put on the lift, :nono:. The truck has not been put on a lift since the drop, and that was befor the bags. After they saw the pics they are going to send me a new braket.

post-6804-1149544018_thumb.jpg

Ya I remember! :eek:

Jon had brought that up and I think I posted a pic of where we thought it needed to be reinforced. I have seen what these brackets go through when put on a lift. Everytime I need to take my truck somewhere where it needs to go on a lift, I tell them to use jacks for this exact reason.

On another note, at least they are taking care of the problem. If it happened once, it probably will happen again so they better get ready for it. Also, it never said anything about NOT puting the truck on a lift after installing these bags so how could that fly. :dunno:

One question............

Why is the bag assembly so far from the leaf pack? Is it on a lift in this pic?

Edited by r8rs4lf (see edit history)

Yes, the pic was taken while on the lift. I asked the guy who I was dealing with "Why does in not say anything in the instructions about putting the truck on a lift"? he said "its common sense". I guess I need more :crazy: .

Yes, the pic was taken while on the lift. I asked the guy who I was dealing with "Why does in not say anything in the instructions about putting the truck on a lift"? he said "its common sense".  I guess I need more :crazy: .

Like I always say, common sense isn't all that common!

You should have told them you knew Jon and if they didn't help you out, you would have him call them. :lol:

Yes, the pic was taken while on the lift. I asked the guy who I was dealing with "Why does in not say anything in the instructions about putting the truck on a lift"? he said "its common sense".  I guess I need more :crazy: .

Like I always say, common sense isn't all that common!

You should have told them you knew Jon and if they didn't help you out, you would have him call them. :lol:

No have them call me! :crackup: