Another Exhaust Question

I have my B&B in my garage waitin to be installed, probably on thursday. Its for an SS but whats the difference in a VHO vs SS besides compression and suspension? Nothin else as far as I am concerned, they jus 1500 Ext Cab Silverados!

VHO and SS have the same exhaust (same LQ9 motor, same suspension, same 4l65e transmission less the 4wd). I have a magnaflow 15838 on my VHO.

If you want to double check, take a quick look underneath - should have two exhaust pipes running into the muffler (roughly 2 3/4"); two pipe running out of the muffler for a couple of inches merging into a single exhaust. If you have that, anything for an SS will fit.

Magnaflow's website has some sound clips:

http://www.magnaflow.com/02product/shopexd...e=Trucks&id=111

Overall:

Idle - slight rumble, not too loud

Highway - noticable, at first, but a little louder than stock

Full throttle - the whole reason to buy it in the first place

Part throttle - a fair amount drone, particularly around 1,900 rpm (louder than full throttle)

This system is very well made and easy to install. The only hang up I had was installing the muffler to the front pipe - the front pipe spacing was slightly off and had to use a "C" clamp to move the pipes closer together. One hint - spray a little lithium, or other lube, on the rubber exhaust mounts, it will make removing the hangers much easier. (By the way, it is worth filing the pipe connections, the edges are sharp - gloves would be a good idea).

As for price, $558 appears to the retail, I found lots of dealers with that price. Might check Tbyrne Motorsports (great to deal with, and a forum sponsor)

I have Bassni I love it. I just got it put on like 2 Days ago its mellow at idle but when u get on it, it opens up but its not to raspy sounding etheir! I got mine off performance peddler on ebay an online store for like 475.00 . It all up to u their so many! :D