Rear Speaker problems

Since I had my NAV installed there has been an odd crackling coming from the rear speakers in the truck. This noise is there no matter what volume I set it at, or if if the source is off (nothing playing). I took it back to the audio installation place where I had it installed and they found one of the adaptors that had to be used was bad and replaced it, yet the noise continues :banghead: .

Does anyone know what could be causing this?

I was thinking about replacing the rear speakers on my own to see if this resolves it, but am not sure what to go with. What ohm impedance does the factory (Bose) amp run at? I know that most factory systems run at 2 ohms and aftermarket stuff is 4 ohms. Any input would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

tell me more about what you have. nav piece? speakers now? amps?  things like that. also what interface did you use?  I will see what I can do.

I have a Pioneer AVIC-D1 running the factory speakers and Amp to those, along with 2 JL 10w1's and a V12 Alpine amp. I can't say what adaptors were used but I can try to find out as I had it installed by a shop. I'll first try to read the receipt (wish me luck) to see if it says.

possibly a loose wire behind the HU? Our work truck does that and its really annoying, it just got fixed 2 days ago and it was a loose connection somewhere behind the HU

I have already had the place I got it installed check it out once and they looked at all the connections, but it's something to check out again. Thanks.

tell me more about what you have. nav piece? speakers now? amps?  things like that. also what interface did you use?  I will see what I can do.

I have a Pioneer AVIC-D1 running the factory speakers and Amp to those, along with 2 JL 10w1's and a V12 Alpine amp. I can't say what adaptors were used but I can try to find out as I had it installed by a shop. I'll first try to read the receipt (wish me luck) to see if it says.

possibly a loose wire behind the HU? Our work truck does that and its really annoying, it just got fixed 2 days ago and it was a loose connection somewhere behind the HU

I have already had the place I got it installed check it out once and they looked at all the connections, but it's something to check out again. Thanks.

well it could also be engine noise.. try a noise filter it may solve the issue. i have had similar problems with engine noise on my stang. also check the voltage at the amp if its under 13v then you need a cap or a more powerful alternator. oh and one more thing make sure that the company that wired your system didnt cut corners by using the factory speaker wireing cuz this can cause problems if the truck had a separate factory amp. well hope you can find the problem.. laterz

well it could also be engine noise.. try a noise filter it may solve the issue.  i have had similar problems with engine noise on my stang. also check the voltage at the amp if its under 13v then you need a cap or a more powerful alternator. oh and one more thing make sure that the company that wired your system didnt cut corners by using the factory speaker wireing cuz this can cause problems if the truck had a separate factory amp. well hope you can find the problem.. laterz

I think that I may have said it wrong in my previous post, I have the factory speakers run off the bose amp, and do have a cap installed going to the amp for the subs. I apologize for miswording that. If it was the wiring I would assume that all the door speakers would do this and not just the rear 2. maybe I'll have some time to head back there yet again soon and see what they say again.

Thanks again for your replies.

well it could also be engine noise.. try a noise filter it may solve the issue.  i have had similar problems with engine noise on my stang. also check the voltage at the amp if its under 13v then you need a cap or a more powerful alternator. oh and one more thing make sure that the company that wired your system didnt cut corners by using the factory speaker wireing cuz this can cause problems if the truck had a separate factory amp. well hope you can find the problem.. laterz

I think that I may have said it wrong in my previous post, I have the factory speakers run off the bose amp, and do have a cap installed going to the amp for the subs. I apologize for miswording that. If it was the wiring I would assume that all the door speakers would do this and not just the rear 2. maybe I'll have some time to head back there yet again soon and see what they say again.

Thanks again for your replies.

sounds to me like a bad interface between the new deck and the bose amp. best way to get rid of it is new speakers in all locations and new speaker leads to them speakers right from the deck. you will lose your onstar tho. good luck and let us know what you found out. again this is an analysis from your description here in the net, if I could hear the problem I could help you out more.

One way to find out if it's a deck or wiring problem would be to switch the speaker leads at the deck side. Swap the leads going from right rear over to the left rear, and from left rear over to the right rear. If the problem stays with the same speaker, then you know you have a wiring problem in the dash, under the carpet, or possibly a short in the door or something. If the problem switches to the other side speaker, then you have a deck/source problem.