Thanks Mr. P and Jonmalibuss

is it me or is your caster off a little?  it looks good and glad it rides good for ya

you mean camber? :dunno: You can't visually see the caster with the wheels on.

Yes the camber is off, havent gotten to the alignment place yet. Earliest day if friday, so the wheels will be right again after that.

I just installed this same setup.  My experience is that the Bell leafs ride firmer than stock but improve handling.  They had only a slight arc to them prior to installation, and now almost have a slight reverse arc.  They are adjustable height wise though, as each pack comes with 3 spacers that are about 1/2" thick, made out of the same material as the leafs but only about 6" long.  Depending how you arrange them (between the spring and axle or above the spring, in any combination), you can have the rear tire right at the top of wheel opening or a 3 finger gap (or any of 3 settings in between).  When I first put them in, they were at the lowest setting which put me at 3/8" from the bump stops (even with the U bracket removed), so I opted to raise it up a little instead of adjusting the front torsion bars/dumping the front to match.

Oh yeah, no vibration at any speed and no pinion shims.

J

They are Zero rate risers.. I left all three in place, I did not do the axle over either. Im still running them as if they were stock. I also added in, the Nitro drop shocks for the rear. The back side seems to be a bit stiffer but to the point you know it feels right. The front I think I am going to change the shocks to make it a little more stiff, to match the rear.

So far no vibrations, or weird sounds :thumbs: It's all good.

They are Zero rate risers.. I left all three in place, I did not do the axle over either. Im still running them as if they were stock. I also added in, the Nitro drop shocks for the rear. The back side seems to be a bit stiffer but to the point you know it feels right. The front I think I am going to change the shocks to make it a little more stiff, to match the rear.

So far no vibrations, or weird sounds :thumbs: It's all good.

So the Nitro shocks still make it ride stiff (or stiffer) in back? Did you try it with stock shocks prior to the Nitros with the drop? I was thinking of trying Nitros to soften it up a little, and was wondering about the difference.

I also read about Deutchtech (sp?) shocks on Sporttruckdircect.com, which are supposed to be very good.

I was told by a friend that the stock shocks do not have progressive dampening, so as long as they aren't bottoming out I can use them while dropped with no ill effect.

J

The leaf will be a little bit stiffer due to the lack of arch, but the shocks will make for a more firm ride. I have almost no( i guess you would call it float) to the rear, it's more like a boink or bounce. The denali is on the stock leaf still and he noticed the firm(stiffness) go up as well. The thing that I like is, yes it got more firm, but it's not jaring when you hit bumps.

I did not run with the stock shock in place, not really a reason to test it then go back and change to the new shock. I bought what I wanted and what was suggested, by a couple of drop guys, as well as belltech. If you did relocation brackets for the stock shocks you would bottom them out, but with just the leaf there is nothing to worry about, and the deutch shock are pretty decent.

Got any install pics of those leafs?

Not really much to it. Drop the tank, support the axle, remove the front bolt, lossen the top rear bolt, remove the bottom rearbolt, undo the u-bolts, and remove leaf pack. I don't have any pictures from installing the leaf, but i plan to get some of it all set in the truck once it's aligned and dry out.

• 2 weeks later...