Pcm4less

well im not to happy with him. at first he seemed great got me me computer back in 2 days total. well contacted him thru emails to tell him i was sending ecu back for more tuning. ok well sent it to him and it took him 2weeks to get it back. WTF. when i get it back get truck runnign and what not i toss codes. they ended up being MAP,EVAP, 02 heaters, and few other things. i had someone look at tune and seen it had so many flaws in it. i emailed him took afew days to reply. then did what he said and then emailed him with all info i gatherd from a Tech 2 logging. during that time i tried toget truck to pass emissions well it failed cause of the codes. didnt pop a SES light cause they were shut off for a few things. and top it off with my setup he gave me absoultly no timing and i when i told him he said it was n the motor. there arent no issues with this motor. hell he has my tune so ****ed up that my limter is suppose to be 6800 rpms and sometimes it wont go past 6100 without hitting limter. also my TC lock up is ****ed, it locks around 92 in 3rd where it should of been locked instantly it shifts into 3rd. i know truck isnt in bad shape cause i put anothe rocmputer in there that was tuned for a similar setup but that had a 408 and truck runs liek ti should except rich. but it passed emssions and etc. truck has 30* at WOT and runs strong. another flaw of bryan has been its over 1 week now since i last emailed him and no reply. we also sent him a person and he ****ed him over. sent him email and said he cant do shit for it since hes out of town and that bull shit. i will never send him any more buisness and will distract ppl from using him. i spoke with someone else locally thats a member on this site about him and he had his truck running lean. he might beable to get power out of a near stock setup but he cant do a tune for a built setup IMHO.

so from thise experience i will never pay anyone else money to **** up my truck. ill pay the money an d**** it up myself. that way i can only blame myself.

rant off

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:pop:

I know the local guy Quick is talking about and have seen the tune in person using HPTuners. The tune that Bryan did was crazy lean and had caused serious KR issues. When the guy tried to get an update from Bryan, all he got was no email replies and excuses of how busy he was that it would take 2-3 weeks to get it. IMO that is :icon_bs:

Brian was a nice guy when i talked to him, i have minor issues with my tune. however my friend was delayed over a week and a half with bryan tunes (all this time he couldnt drive his truck) the product seems to be good but sometimes hes hard to get in touch with. im sending mine in to re-tune soon

Brian was a nice guy when i talked to him, i have minor issues with my tune. however my friend was delayed over a week and a half with bryan tunes (all this time he couldnt drive his truck) the product seems to be good but sometimes hes hard to get in touch with. im sending mine in to re-tune soon

get him a modified setup and you wont be happy!!!!

I don't understand how people get disappointed get when they buy a mail-order tune and then it doesn't come out like you want. What did you expect? To have the same results as an in-person tune? Even close?

Let's set something straight - there is no such thing as a 'mail order tune.' To 'tune' something you have to have it right there in front of you in order to be able to tune it. So what you're actually ordering or buying is not a 'tune', it may as well be called a SWAG.

That's it - from now on, to add a bit of realism to the situation, start calling 'mail order tunes' 'mail order SWAGs'...since that's really what they are. That way, people might reign in their expectations on what can be accomplished from 1000 miles away.

I haven't had a problem wih Bryan's tune. He hooked me up after I found out that the dealership overworte my tune I originally got from him when i noticed the shift points were back to stock. Since he is only a few hours from you you should have tried to make arrangements to meet him in person. It is alot better than waiting for computer to ship out and back. When I had mine redone I spent the day driving out and back just a little under 4 hrs each way. Well worth it in my opinion.

Edited by thallent (see edit history)

youre also near stock!!!!!!!!!!!!!

do cam, heads, CR, intake, injectors, stall and etc and i garrenty it wont be right. he can tune near stock go large and he cant do it. for sakes he put a near stock 6.0 tune in my ECU and messed it up for emissions and everything else

Why didn't you drive up there and let him tune it in person?

how could i drive it up there when it was my only means of transportation, and it had no type of tune it for the setup i have?

honestly its been over 2 weeks now and no reply....toobag

I don't understand how people get disappointed get when they buy a mail-order tune and then it doesn't come out like you want.  What did you expect?  To have the same results as an in-person tune?  Even close?

Let's set something straight - there is no such thing as a 'mail order tune.'  To 'tune' something you have to have it right there in front of you in order to be able to tune it.  So what you're actually ordering or buying is not a 'tune', it may as well be called a SWAG.

That's it - from now on, to add a bit of realism to the situation, start calling 'mail order tunes' 'mail order SWAGs'...since that's really what they are.  That way, people might reign in their expectations on what can be accomplished from 1000 miles away.

i agree, every truck runs different and when you have a very unique/custom set up its pretty much impossible to get it to run just right. ive been working on my tunes in my truc for months and they are still not 100% right. the only way they will be is if i have someone do an live tune. even if you have loggin software you cant get it exactly right

I'm not trying to argue here but seriously ... it isn't your only means of transportation. I'm sure if you wanted to make it happen you could have made some arrangements. But hey I don't care ... I am just offering up solutions to your problem ... some people don't want solutions ... they just want to whine and moan. IMO

Why didn't you drive up there and let him tune it in person?

how could i drive it up there when it was my only means of transportation, and it had no type of tune it for the setup i have?

honestly its been over 2 weeks now and no reply....toobag

Acting like you are and calling people names is not going to get you a response.