Ground force Kit Best Price

SuperSport

Summitracing is the best I have heard so far. They quote $357 and shipping is free. 4wheelparts quoted me $399 plus tax. That didn't even include the install. I am curious what people are paying for the install becuase the torsion bar unloader (p/n: j-36202-a) costs $115. But I guess you can unload the torsion bars with a gear puller also...

But I guess you can unload the torsion bars with a gear puller also...
i have always used a bottle jack. have to watch the hands because it will slip :smash: summit is the cheapest i found but they told me it woud be a month to get in and i dont want to wait that long.

• 2 weeks later...
I just got a price from 4Wheel Parts, the G/F kit, installed, and aligned $700 out the door. Kit is $391+tx, the rest labor and alignment.

Said it would take 3 hours, and I can hang out and take pics.

WW :cool:

Do it yourself and take that $300 that you would have spent and buy something else for your truck. It's a good experience, if you've never done before. Not really that hard and a good excuse to buy tools. :D

"First times" always have the possibility of being painful without the benefit of experience to fall back on. But, you have to get it some how. Get someone to come over and help you. That way someone can share the pain. :D Hopefully you'll get someone who has some wrenching experience - the non puking kind.

On the headers thing: do you think now, with the benefit of experience, that if you were to do now, it'd be easier?

Get the directions ahead of time and read them. Get a Haynes for a '99+ chevy/gmc truck for ref. They don't make one specifically for the SS. I'd be surprised if they did. Although an '03 manual may be available now.

I used to be into doing all my own work, and enjoyed it.

Is that showing my age?? LOL

Nowdays it's easier to write a check as long as you know who's doing it

will do it right. The problem is finding somone to trust.

I was proud of myself saving the $150 on the header install, even though I whined a few weeks.

I'm giving it thought, have to research it some.

BTW: Whats it run to get one of these trucks aligned?

WW :smash:

I used to be into doing all my own work, and enjoyed it.

Is that showing my age?? LOL

Nowdays it's easier to write a check as long as you know who's doing it

will do it right. The problem is finding somone to trust.

I was proud of myself saving the $150 on the header install, even though I whined a few weeks.

I'm giving it thought, have to research it some.

BTW: Whats it run to get one of these trucks aligned?

WW :smash:

It was 60 bucks for me.

www.ntb.com

They were very professional.

Archived