I think I'm being screwed...

Posi12Bolt

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You will need to file a report with your police department and the department for whatever area he is in. You will want report numbers from both so that they can work together to nail this ****.

on the list of things to do tomorrow... :thumbs:

I'm off Tuesday and Thursday...I'll be moving those days so I'll be driving thru Indy...let me know if you need a visit paid.

thanks Ryan I'll let ya know, but I think were good FOR NOW!! :devil:

Edited by Escalade SS (see edit history)

After all your wheelin and dealin ... this is the first time you have been screwed?  Pretty good track record.

shit i've even given people their money back if the car took a shit too soon :dunno:

check out the response I got from the BBB...hopefully it puts a fire in his ass! :devil:

Your Complaint Has Been Forwarded!

We received and reviewed your complaint; a copy has been forwarded to the business for response. We are able to assist most consumers with a large percentage of our complaints in less than 30 days. You do no need to contact us during this time. As soon as we receive an answer, it will be mailed to you for review and response. This free service is provided by The Better Business Bureau courtesy of its member companies.

If we don’t receive an answer, you will also be contacted by mail for response. No complaint is closed without your opportunity for input.

Thank you,

The Better Business Bureau

check out the response I got from the BBB...hopefully it puts a fire in his ass!  :devil:

:nonod: Don't think so man... hope I'm wrong.

HEY - congrats on the baby! Been meaning to call and well been a full-time dad myself lately :D

• 1 month later...

this guy is a fu**in dick!!! I finally got ahold of him yesterday and told him I was gonna file a stolen vehicle report if the money wasnt in my account today. I get this response today.

Brian, please find attached the affidavit of police officer for the physical inspection of a motor vehicle that was completed on the 2000 Cadillac Escelade on 8-2-06. This vehicle is at our location and has been. As to our conversation yesterday, I have given the information on this transaction to our attorney and am following his advice on how to proceed. You have stated that you no longer want the vehicle. We are willing to sell the vehicle for you provided we have a signed consignment agreement and will agree to do this within a reasonable time that is agreed on by all parties. Please let me know hot to proceed.

Be advised, we will take any legal action necessary if false claims are made causing us damage. We very much want to resolve this in a hospitable, reasonable way. Sincerely Greg

post-5121-1154539005_thumb.jpg

can you believe the nerve of this ass!! what now??? :dunno:

~Brian

Edited by Escalade SS (see edit history)

Wow....I went by the address one day when I was in Indy, but I couldn't find the place. I talked to Brian (hot rod truck), and he said he went by and located the shop....

I was just in Indy yesterday, so the next time I go, I will stop by and see if I can find the damn thing. I is only a couple of blocks out of my way when I go to pick up materials for work!

Rob

Brian,

Not to sound to harsh, but you SERIOUSLY have to do something. This has been going on for 8 MONTHS already. If you have the title, and he has the truck either take his ass to court, or file a report with the police department there in Indy. He has no right to the truck, you are the rightful owner if the title has your name on it.

This guy is just toying with you and doesnt want you to have the car. The reason he states "consulting a lawyer on how to proceed" is a scare tactic into you not involving the police or any other authority. If he had a lawyer, they would be writing you not the owner of the shop. He states he is willing to sell the truck for you because he will give you an offer less than what you paid for the truck.

The problem is if you go to court the first thing the judge is going to ask you is why did you wait so long to do something. You need to act on this now or you are going to be out of $5250 real quick.

Tell the guy you do want the car but the fact he has not shipped it to you makes you not want the car, and you want full payment back.

You seriously need to stop letting this prick push you around because you are a few thousand miles away. This is rediculous, I sure as hell wouldnt let 8 months go by and let 5K be basically stolen from me.

I hope you resolve this quick man.

this guy is a fu**in dick!!! I finally got ahold of him yesterday and told him I was gonna file a stolen vehicle report if the money wasnt in my account today. I get this response today.

Brian, please find attached the affidavit of police officer for the physical inspection of a motor vehicle that was completed on the 2000 Cadillac Escelade on 8-2-06. This vehicle is at our location and has been. As to our conversation yesterday, I have given the information on this transaction to our attorney and am following his advice on how to proceed. You have stated that you no longer want the vehicle. We are willing to sell the vehicle for you provided we have a signed consignment agreement and will agree to do this within a reasonable time that is agreed on by all parties. Please let me know hot to proceed.

Be advised, we will take any legal action necessary if false claims are made causing us damage. We very much want to resolve this in a hospitable, reasonable way. Sincerely Greg

post-5121-1154539005_thumb.jpg

can you believe the nerve of this ass!! what now??? :dunno:

~Brian

An affidavit from February doesn't mean shit, a lot can happen in the last six months. He's bluffing. *IF* he had the vehicle this long he would have called you 3 months ago and started charging you storage by now. OR, he would have gone to the DMV and filed as an abandoned vehicle. As you have the pink slip and cashed check as proof of transfer of funds you can prove ownership of the vehicle; the law is very clear on these matters, if the buyer (you!) does not pick up the vehicle after 30-days (I'm quoting CA law, not IN law but you get the point) then the seller can treat the vehicle as abandonded, and go to DMV and file peperwork, serve you notice by mail, etc to regain ownership and you would be legally out your money. Any attorney (or DMV for that matter) would have told him either course of action if asked. I think it's evident he has not seen an attorney, and you've got him in a corner and he's pushing a bad position. It is obvious what kind of person you are dealing with here, you need a warm body to put eyes on the vehicle and make sure it gets shipped to you; if the vehicle is not there then it's cut and dried simple (fraud).

Mr. P.

Brian heres the best advice I can give cause this seriously has me pretty pissed A) that you cant really do much B) this guy is such a prick and C) The guy is stealing a car/5K from you

CALL THE INDIANA BUREAU OF MOTOR VEHICLES AND CONSULT THEM FOR ADIVCE given the car is sitting in Indy right now and they may be able to help you or atleast direct you in the right direction

http://www.state.in.us/bmv/

We suggest you first check out our Web site sections with frequently asked questions to see if your question can be answered immediately. Follow the links below to frequently asked questions about driver licenses, registrations, titles and watercraft. If you need immediate assistance regarding a BMV-related issue, please contact the BMV Call Center at (317) 233-6000.

Once again good luck

And Mr. P the affidavit was signed 8/2/2006...Either way the guy is screwing you out of 5K and you need to either seek counsel yourself or find out what couse of action you should take....Which is why i would call the BMV in indiana and go from there

Edited by SoCalSS (see edit history)

You might want to PM Brian (hot rod truck) who lives in Indy....his neighbor is a cop there, and maybe he could even help.....

yeah, Brian and I have been talkin on the phone about this prick!

I just tried to call the sheriff's department from which the deputy wrote the affidavit but the line is busy!! :banghead:

I'm tied of this shit!!

~Brian