TBSS vs. LS2 GTO

2006LS2TB

Check this out, this video is from this past weekend. Since my truck is in the shop we decided to take the TB to the track. We wasn't even going to run it but half way there we decided to. So I had my fiance along with all of her stuff in there, so I still could've dropped about 250 lbs off of my race weight without taking anything off the truck. Anyway here's the video. Enjoy..

http://media.putfile.com/TBSS-vs-06-GTO

Try this link

http://videos.streetfire.net/video/1f6433d...c011a7f8c7c.htm

Density Altitude = 3283 feet ET MPH

Uncorrected 14.517 @ 95.40

Corrected 13.95 @ 99.15

Not too bad. The only mod I've done is replacing the stock muffler with a piece of pipe. My 60' time still sucks, 2.224. I only drive the TB about once a week so I haven't really figured out how to launch it best. I had about 250 lbs of extra weight in the truck, so it'll probaly run a 13.8 stock...

Try this link

http://videos.streetfire.net/video/1f6433d...c011a7f8c7c.htm

Density Altitude = 3283 feet ET MPH

Uncorrected 14.517 @ 95.40

Corrected 13.95 @ 99.15

Not too bad. The only mod I've done is replacing the stock muffler with a piece of pipe. My 60' time still sucks, 2.224. I only drive the TB about once a week so I haven't really figured out how to launch it best. I had about 250 lbs of extra weight in the truck, so it'll probaly run a 13.8 stock...

That's what I like to hear!!! :thumbs: I can't wait to see what mine runs, just haven't had the time yet. Plus it only has 1100 miles on it!

-K-

Corrected time?  I don't get it.  You either ran 14.5 or 13.9.  Trere is a big difference there.

Corrected for altitude and weather. Correction factor changes with temp/humidity, didn't you know that??? :dunno:

2006LS2TB, try brake stalling it up to about 2000 rpm's with your foot on the brake, then release the brake and floor the gas at the same time when the last yellow lights up. This lets you launch at a slightly higher RPM.

Also, you can shallow stage (BARELY turn on the stage light and don't roll forward at all once it's lit) to get a better "roll out" off of the line. Both will knock the 60 foot down a bit.

Corrected time?  I don't get it.  You either ran 14.5 or 13.9.  Trere is a big difference there.

Corrected for altitude and weather. Correction factor changes with temp/humidity, didn't you know that??? :dunno:

2006LS2TB, try brake stalling it up to about 2000 rpm's with your foot on the brake, then release the brake and floor the gas at the same time when the last yellow lights up. This lets you launch at a slightly higher RPM.

Also, you can shallow stage (BARELY turn on the stage light and don't roll forward at all once it's lit) to get a better "roll out" off of the line. Both will knock the 60 foot down a bit.

The TB doesn't like to be stalled up. I've tried that time and time again cause that is what works best on every other vehicle I've owned. It acts like it's pulling timing if I do that. The floor it and hold on technique seems to work best in it. I also try to stage as shallow as possible.

JF-03SS, I actually ran a 14.5, but I was just showing that if I wasn't running in 90 degree weather with 70% humidity that my times have the capability of being in the 13's.

Archived