Old Chevy replacement parts

SuperDave

I've got an old 1991 Silverado SWB 1/2 ton pickup I use as my daily driver so I can save the SS for weekends. It's only got 77,000 miles on it and runs great and looks pretty good considering it sits outside in the weather 365 days a year. The interior is starting to show a little wear and I want to make it new again. I have a headliner, carpet and sound deadener kit, new door panels armrests and weather stripping.

I need to locate a new glovebox door, mine is warped and won't even turn off the glovebox light its so bad. I don't want a black replacement, I want the original red color. I also want to replace the factory seat belts and trim. So if anyone knows a good online source for older chevy truck parts that might handle some NOS items I would really appreciate a heads up. My truck is black outside with red interior and velour split bench seats.

I've searched the internet with no results, and the body shops have to much markup to make it feasible to go that route. Plus they say I'll have to buy the black and dye it, then they tell me the dye will flake and peel after a short period.

Please help!

Thanks a bunch guys!

David

If it were blue, I have a burban that I will be going thru this weekend. You might want to look up, I think its 78-91 chevy.com or something like that. They make interior and exterior parts.

You can try here also.

Older chevy parts NOS

Edited by kaotik1 (see edit history)

Thanks for the efforts guys... but no luck yet! SoCal... my truck is a 1991. Classic Industries goes from 55-72.

Kaotik ... they have some really cool stuff I might be into but not the interior plastic parts.

Thanks again guys.... I'll keep searching!

David

Classic industries goes up to a 2004 truck replacement parts, i checked before i gave you the link...you sure you were looking at the right pages?

The glove boxes they have for cover and liner are all black so that wouldnt help, Ill check the seat belt stuff for you...

EDIT: It looks like the seat belt issue you may have to call them because for some reason the belts only go up to 72. But everything else seemed up to date interior wise. Carpet is on pg 50 and upholstery is on 20 i think.

Some stuff they didnt have for my TA listed on the actual catalog like weather stripping for the doors, but they had them for every other year. Call em, and im sure they should have something in stock for you, or be able to get you to a place that would

Edited by SoCalSS (see edit history)

We have the same truck at work an SS 454 and some of the plastic parts had to be bought black and painted or dyed the correct color (red) and I must say they came out pretty damn good. We had the local dealers search evrywhere and came up with nothing.

Yes... that's exactly what I need but..... it's used I have no idea what condition it is in, and the item cost is 20.00 plus 15.00 shipping! 35.00 for a part that might not be any better than the one I currently have!

Thanks a lot guys.... I'm looking for a new old stock replacement for my old door. If I could see it in person and it was in good shape, no problem.... but not from 3000 miles away.