Poll: Do you have a trans cooler?

Trans cooler or not?  

52 members have voted

1. 1. Trans cooler or not?

• Yes
    • No

Just curious to know the percentage of members who have an aftermarket transmission cooler that have also done a shift kit and/or torque converter.

If you have one installed, what brand and model number? Feel free to list what else you have had done to your transmission and/or truck that you would think meant it necessary for new trans cooler. Also, what climate (or state) do you live in? Thanks. :cheers:

I have a Setrab trans cooler, billet servos, a Zippy shift kit, and a Trailblazer torque converter. I think pretty typical mods for this site...oh I forgot I do have a transmission destruction device aka Radix. At 60K miles on the stock trans it's a ticking time bomb. I live in South western Ohio.

Dave

well to all of the guys pushing power, and or with a converter have one, imo its a must. dont we have a list of trans mods somewhere? i jhad a b&m supercooler which worked good, but i upped the power and got a tcs stall converter and a fully built 65e, including vette servos and all the good stuff. i have about the biggest cooler i have seen yet on our trucks

DSC03486.jpg

DSC03484.jpg

DSC03485.jpg

its bigger than some peoples heat exchangers, it may be a bit overkill but the climate does get over 100 often in the summer so i guess it wont hurt .

B&M supercooler. All hard lines, no flexable tube for me.

I have a TB TC, so I figured it would be cheap protection. I wish I would have painted mine like Chase-that is bad ass.

• 3 years later...

damn chase thats one huge cooler lol, but like mentioned you need it in the summer months when its 100 + degrees ;)

i run 2 40s inline with each other plus a deep fluid pan :)

definately need one if you have performance mods!!

Tru-Cool. I have a Zippy kit with billet servos, aluminum accum. pistons

DSC02173.jpg

DSC02175.jpg

I havnt seen my trans temps get over 180 degrees since I put this in. Currently im running a TB converter, but will be installing a semi loose TCS

• 1 month later...
  • 2 years later...
  • 2 months later...

Archived