Sticker/over sticker price???

fcemsmedic

Hi everyone... I am first on the list at the dealer for an SS. They told me that they can't place orders yet with GM. (That may have changed now

that the price was announced.) Has anyone heard that the dealers might add $$$ to the sticker price?? (See 2003 Cobra!)

I also have researched performance mods, at the least dual exhaust is in order, (this should have been done at the factory!) and a Whipple.

How does GM feel about mods and warranty issues?

Thanks!

:) Medic

fcemsmedic-

Welcome!

Most dealers in my area (SoCal) were planning on asking sticker for the SS. I am buying mine through Ron for a good deal less than sticker, see his post here for more info:

http://www.silveradoss.com/forums/index.ph...ct=ST&f=1&t=229

I am planning on supercharging mine, too. I am undecided between a Whipple and a Kenne Bell supercharger. Both are screw type compressors.

I am not sure I want to mess with the exhaust. It sounds like they went through some trouble to get a cool sound out of it. It is a bit hard to tell from Mervz video, but I think it might be loud enough in stock trim for me.

Be sure and make a post in the 'Waiting Room' forum here. We are keeping track of who has orders in and what color, etc. So far the color choices are pretty evenly distributed, although it is a small sampling.

I have heard that warranty coverage can be "fun". The dealer must prove the problem was caused by your mods, but adding the supercharger will give them an excuse for just about any problem on the entire drivetrain. How understanding they will be of a supercharger, seems to vary wildly from one dealer to another.

-Dave

As far as I know, dealers are not physically able to place an order for one yet. From what I understand, they will be able to place the actual order sometime around Thanksgiving. If you have been to your local dealership and ordered one as well as placed a deposit, then most likely as soon as they can order it they will and you will be one of the first to get the new truck!

As far as dealers charging more than the actual sticker price....it really depends on the demand for it. Dealers will get what ever they can for it, including more than sticker in some cases. The more that people inquire at a dealership, the more likely you can expect to pay sticker or more for the truck. Just as any new novelty, you can expect the price to drop after the initial demand is met. In this case, you would end up paying closer to dealer invoice.

Justin B)

From what Ron tells me, they are able to enter the orders into the computer, but they have not been accepted yet. When they are accepted, a build number will be issued that we can track. In my case, a deposit will be needed at the time the order is accpeted.

Chevy has just announced that the SSS will sell for $28.49. They will throw in a whipple super charger and install for free. The SSS is also warrantied, bumper to bumper for 10 years or 100,000 miles, whichever comes last. Finally while trying to remove a tar stain from the lower quarter panel of my Tahoe I mixed WD40 and rubbing compound and discovered a cure for cancer. So how was your day?

cvp :blink:

Archived