Alpine NVE-N872A

anybody using this unit with the IVA-D310?  if so, how do you like it?  i'm thinking about getting one.  I've always wanted a navigation system.

I have one on my Alpine TME-M580 screen and love it!!!! you can put the antenna behind your A pillar interior panel and it works fine, no routing to the outside of the truck!

what size is the TME-M580 screen? is it touch screen?

how is the navigation part? is it easy to use and keeps you from getting lost? i'm getting mine installed this Thursday and don't really know what to expect. i've never had navi before. will come in real handy driving to the zippy meet.

what size is the TME-M580 screen?  is it touch screen?

how is the navigation part?  is it easy to use and keeps you from getting lost?  i'm getting mine installed this Thursday and don't really know what to expect.  i've never had navi before.  will come in real handy driving to the zippy meet.

the 580 screen is 5.8 inch. to some its small but it goes perfect on my over head pocket. I have to get my pics to ThePDB on here and he will post them. as for the Nav, it works well. I dont travel out of the midwext much but it seems to work really well. the only complaint I have is if you type in your address and once you get within a few blocks in a residentual area, it will say "you are in the vicinity of your destination" and you are on your own. also in crowded tree cover it tends to be a lil slow to keep up. but no biggy there. I always have about 7 satellites on me at all times so it knows where I am. If you have any quesions let me know.

sounds awesome man, i can't wait to get mine. if i'm reading correctly it comes with a microphone of some sort so you can tell it where you want to go? also, how do you "type" things in without a keyboard?

i would really love to see the pics.

holty,ever thought about gm version they are pretty kool,easy hook up and everything looks and works like factory.what do ya think?

never really considered it because i wanted something that would work directly with my Alpine iva-d310. i could be wrong, but i doubt a factory GM navi unit would work with my touch screen and such. i also don't really know much about how it works or what it involves. some details and pics would be cool? i'm sure its gonna be cheaper than the alpine unit anyway. lol.

You could get teh factory navi and the ipod adapter, that has been discussed in other topics. They look awesome, and still are able to use the wheel controls. Down side to it, is you can not with an extra 300 dollars use it as a video player. IF that is a concern to you.

sounds awesome man, i can't wait to get mine.  if i'm reading correctly it comes with a microphone of some sort so you can tell it where you want to go?  also, how do you "type" things in without a keyboard?

i would really love to see the pics.

you use the joystick on the remote and pic your letters, its not too bad once you get the hang of it. also you can pluc in yoru favorite lacations and plan a trip if you wish, also use different route plans.

got the navi in and working good, speed sensor is all hooked up. only problem i have is on my secondary screen, the top part of the monitor flicker when in navi mode, but dosn't do this when watching dvd's or anything else. weird.