100 Octane Fuel??

prtofcali

There was a formula on here. I assume you could search for xylene and read the older posts. It was about a 2yrs ago. If I were you, I'd settle for the lower timing setting. $5 per gallon for 100 octane is not worth the hp you get from the extra timing. Xylene is $10 per gallon at least - so it doesn't make it much better, if any.

There was a formula on here.  I assume you could search for xylene and read the older posts.  It was about a 2yrs ago.  If I were you, I'd settle for the lower timing setting.  $5 per gallon for 100 octane is not worth the hp you get from the extra timing.  Xylene is $10 per gallon at least - so it doesn't make it much better, if any.

That's the thing. Almost any timing value I have I will still get some random compression induced knock (2.9" pulley). Out of my last 7-8 tanks of gas, only 2 have been legit, the rest have been junk. Lucas octane booster cleans that up, but if I could whip something up myself to get a true 94-95 octane I'd feel more comfortable.