Alternator wiring

Does anyone know which wires that run into the stock alternator make the "Battery not charging" and the actual batter light go away? I got Joe's alt and these dont require the stock wiring. So I was just wondering if anyone knew how I could wire the stock wires to shut the damn warning signal off and make the battery icon go away.

thanks!

What's a Joe's alt? :dunno: More info than that would help. They do make pigtails than can take you to a non-stock from a stock wiring setup. If it's a one-wire setup, you bought it, you deal with it. Good luck. :P

What's a Joe's alt? :dunno:  More info than that would help.  They do make pigtails than can take you to a non-stock from a stock wiring setup.  If it's a one-wire setup, you bought it, you deal with it.  Good luck. :P

:lol: always an ass. so through this response ill assume you dont know what the stock wires that run to the alternator are, sweet!! thanks for the help :thumbs:

you need a haynss manual  . a joe's alt is the alt joe(6.0ss) sold from his truck, it was like a 280 amp alt that had a separate wiring block.

:lol: if they made those my wife might figure me out :P