Need advice on my tranny

Hay guys I have an 03 Z-71 suburban with 55,000 on it and for the past 6month from time to time the tranny has felt funny meaning a little slip here and there. Today I was at a stop light and when I hit the gas it stayed still for a second and then took off. My question is should I take the corvette servo out and do a tranny flush and see if I can make it last for 6 months longer befor I trade it in on a new truck or is this a sing that it's going at any time and will leave me stranded some where so I better get it looked at now? I put amsoil in the tranny about a year ago could that be causeing my problem now with the slipping? :tear: I tow 5,000 at least 3days a week.

Hay guys I have an 03 Z-71 suburban with 55,000 on it and for the past 6month from time to time the tranny has felt funny meaning a little slip here and there.  Today I was at a stop light and when I hit the gas it stayed still for a second and then took off.  My question is should I take the corvette servo out and do a tranny flush and see if I can make it last for  6 months longer befor I trade it in on a new truck or is this a sing that it's going at any time and will leave me stranded some where so I better get it looked at now? I put amsoil in the tranny about a year ago could that be causeing my problem now with the slipping? :tear: I tow 5,000 at least 3days a week.

HAve you checked the trans fluid levels? too much or too little can cause that from a dead stop. Also, did you ever change the converter? If you don't get the proper fill into the converter when installed, it can cause problems. Id on't think the servo is causing the issue from what I understand about these trannies.

i would leave the servos in they should be helping the tranny hold up, unless you have a trans go shift kit with the sccumelater blocked off then that could be causing a problem.

if you have been towing that much for 3 times a week since 03 then it could be to much for a stock 4l60

The tranny is stock besides the servo. As far as towing this is the first year for the 5,000 trailer besides my 18ft bass boat. I have heared some where amsoil may be to slick for these trannys causeing them to slip? Anyone hear that befor? I'm going to get it flushed tomarrow and put in the regular stuff in and see if I can baby it for 6months or so. I'm also going to take off the CAI and put the stock one back on and program it back to stock. I think the near 100deg heat and towing a heavey load all day long is takeing it's toll.

Sounds like a common problem that has been hitting some 4L60E owners. My girlfriend's tahoe does that from time to time, it'll feel like it's taking off in 3rd gear for a second then take off. Has happened to a few of the other members of the forum she frequents. Don't know what the cause is, but since it occurred on a transmission with less than 10K miles, I don't think it is a slipping issue...

I had a problem that sounds just like this last year. Truck was under warranty and they found that it was a bad PC solenoid. They also replaced this part on a few other people's trucks I know. Since replacement I nor anyone I know has had any problems :dunno:

Synthetic fluid in general will cause a little more slip. The heat created from it is negated due to the better fluid properties. Overall your tranny would run cooler and last longer with synthetic. All of that is at a stock or nearly stock motor. Most high performance tranny builders out there do not want you putting syn in their trannies. Most of the people they build them for have upped the stock hp usually quite a bit.

• 3 weeks later...

Well after changeing the fluid my tranny feels like it's back to normal. Thats the last time I use amsoil in my tranny. I used the drain plug and over a two day period I drained it and refilled it 3 times. It's shifting perfect now,thank god! :thumbs:

Well after changeing the fluid my tranny feels like it's back to normal.  Thats the last time I use amsoil in my tranny.  I used the drain plug and over a two day period I drained it and refilled it 3 times.  It's shifting perfect now,thank god! :thumbs:

I don't see why a fluid would cause you problems. Which one of the tranny fluids that Amsoil offers, did you use?