Won my Second Wally Last Weekend!!!

RacerJJ

Those of you in the drag racing "know" realize the accomplishment here. My trusty SS took me to the winners circle in the pro class on Sunday at the NHRA Pacific Division National Open at Las Vegas Motor Speedway. I won't mention my times (they don't matter much in a bracket race anyway) because the corrected altittude was over a mile high (that's 5,280 feet for all of you non-math types). High altitude=reduced power which, in turn=crappy times!

Check HERE for pics. Go to the top event on the right hand side of the page and go to page 4. That's me, the fiancee and family/friends in the photos with the trophy and one shot of the truck in the final.

Way to go John. Looks like Scott and Valarie did good as well. Congratulations to all of you.

I wish I could have been there.

Thanks a lot man. You should have been there. It was hot but the car counts were lower than expected and it was a lot of fun. I gave Open Comp a try on Saturday and managed to pull a .007 out of my rear for the #1 qualifier spot. Not bad for never racing on a pro tree and 22" wheels. Val won Open Comp on Saturday and Scott won the No-E/Electronics combo bracket class on Saturday. It was a good weekend for the camp!

congrats :thumbs: ...what did you race against

Well, in the final I raced an 84 El Camino but in a bracket race you can compete with any and everything because of the handicap starting system. You're basically racing against time more than the other car as in a heads-up race.

Nice job John  :thumbs: I saw you working the lights at the PSCA event the 9th-11th. I was gonna say Hi, but it tough while you are working. Hopefully we can hook up at the next event. When are they opening the track for street legals ??

That was actually my brother working. I don't work there any longer but I was there racing. I believe the first street legal is July 15 and 16. Day races now as there are no lights yet.

Nice job John  :thumbs: I saw you working the lights at the PSCA event the 9th-11th. I was gonna say Hi, but it tough while you are working. Hopefully we can hook up at the next event. When are they opening the track for street legals ??

That was actually my brother working. I don't work there any longer but I was there racing. I believe the first street legal is July 15 and 16. Day races now as there are no lights yet.

Hopefully they have the lights up by winter. I wanna run the best I can :thumbs:

Hopefully they have the lights up by winter. I wanna run the best I can :thumbs:

Should be up by then...the track is already wired for them, they just ran out of money for now.