draining my tranny flluid

I'm thinking of draining my tranny fluid the cheap way. I am thinking of pulling the plug on the pan. How much fluid will I get out? Should I disconect the tranny line to the cooler and blow air through it to get as much as possible? Any tips? Thanks

I have never had a problem getting my plug out. I'd recommend putting it up on ramps to get out more fluid. I was actually surprised at how little fluid did come out using the plug. A lot of it remains in the bottom of the pan. A little over 3qts was all that I could get out with the truck on a flat surface. And no, my fluid levels were not low. I did have 6qts standing by however. So, don't do like I did and assume it was at least 5qts and throw it in. I started to overfill my tranny quite a bot not realizing that it was less than I figured. I was suspicious of the amount so I poured the old fluid that came out into a milk jug and didn't even fill it up. I was glad that I had done that.

Go out and get it hot so it comes out much easier. Just wear some gloves.