line level adaptors?

whats up guys...ive got an 03 with the bose system and no onstar. im adding subs but want to keep the factory in dash 6 disc. i need to get adaptors to get signal wires to the amplifier, i'd prefer to convert them to rca cables, but if line level is all thats available ill make it work. any suggestions???

also, if i replace the door speakers, what ohm speakers should i replace them with to to work with the factory head unit???

whats up guys...ive got an 03 with the bose system and no onstar.  im adding subs but want to keep the factory in dash 6 disc.  i need to get adaptors to get signal wires to the amplifier, i'd prefer to convert them to rca cables, but if line level is all thats available ill make it work.  any suggestions???

also, if i replace the door speakers, what ohm speakers should i replace them with to to work with the factory head unit???

Search the net for the PAC-24 unit and install it behind the CD player (not in the center console as some people did as the signal is high passed there). The PAC-24 is the same as any other remote turn on high/low level adapter, but it has one major convenience in that it has the wires/plugs for the factory harness already installed and ready to go.

To install it, search on this board. There are several people that have done it. If you have more specific questions, let me know as I just installed mine not to long ago.

As for replacing the front speakers, you need to go with a 4 ohm set. Get something that's got light weight drivers, and a high output rating at 1 watt, otherwise the factory amps will not be able to produce enough controlled sound to keep up with an added amp/sub.

If the front speakers aren't blown though, they really just need some cleaner power and equilization to sound MUCH better than they do off of the factory amp. I'd recommend getting a clean/small amp for the fronts, and add a passive EQ for the whole system before getting new door speakers.

after a few more weeks of the truck, im definitely interested in keeping the stock deck in there...it sounds pretty decent, just needs some bass. i was going to do the fiberglass box route, but i dont have time till these mustangs are out of the driveway...maybe ill take a dive at work and take a few months off LOL.

ive got 2 10" jl's in small truck boxes and ive got amps, but would like to switch amps... all i need is these pac-24 dealies and i should be all set.... thanx for the reply!!!

which EQ do you reccomend? id love a seperate EQ in my 2003, but I dont have any idea which one would work.. or look kewl (truck is blue, so id love blue lights on an eq LOL)

Anything by Audio Control, and NOTHING that is dash mount with sliders. :puke:

AGREED!!!