93 octane

xlr82sxs

youre motor requires preminum i wouldnt risk it. as for running lower octane youre probably throwing some knock and reducing power. youll probably get more power if you did go back to 93

also for the miseily 5bucks you save per tank isnt wroth the cost of head gaskets

youre motor requires preminum i wouldnt risk it. as for running lower octane youre probably throwing some knock and reducing power. youll probably get more power if you did go back to 93

also for the miseily 5bucks you save per tank isnt wroth the cost of head gaskets

:withstupid: I agree, 93 doesen't cost very much more for a little extra insurance. Besides it is recomended in you truck so why would't you? :dunno::dunno:

-K-

I used regular fuel in my truck for a long while. Recently I have started to put 91-93 octane in it. I think it has helped my truck alot, especially in acceleration.

Your truck is built to run 91 octane or higher. Running a lower octane is just going to put you to the low octane table and give you worse milage and power. Why buy the premium truck and not the premium fuel?

Your truck is built to run 91 octane or higher. Running a lower octane is just going to put you to the low octane table and give you worse milage and power. Why buy the premium truck and not the premium fuel?

easy answer, [red forman voice] Dumbass's, they want to be cheap and save 5bucks. whats 5 bucks honestly

easy answer, [red forman voice] Dumbass's, they want to be cheap and save 5bucks. whats 5 bucks honestly

I agree. it's certainly not expensive going with the better fuel. If it is a concern why buy the truck that gets 15mpg or so???

simple.

pro = your truck runs as it was designed to run. better gas mpg, better accelration and longer life.

con= about $10 bucks extra i suppose

lower octane

pro= you save 10 bucks.....which will get you a lunch while you wait for them to clean out your engine and fuel system

con= seriously, when i got my truck the dealership put low octane in it....the truck was pinging for about 2 weeks. the truck is not designed for that. its need a higher octane because the programming and everything else is made to handle at least 91. hope i made it simple