Injector changeout

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You will want to scrap the to injectors that come with the blower.  Install eight new injectors and you should be good.  :cheers:

Do I leave them in place, disconnect the wires and return the fuel lines as they were stock?

What size injectors should I be looking for for my set up?

(Whipple SC, 90mm TB, JBA headers, Flowmaster exhaust) I probably won't do any more mods to the engine for awhile.

Thanks.

You will want to scrap the to injectors that come with the blower.  Install eight new injectors and you should be good.   :cheers:

Do I leave them in place, disconnect the wires and return the fuel lines as they were stock?

What size injectors should I be looking for for my set up?

(Whipple SC, 90mm TB, JBA headers, Flowmaster exhaust) I probably won't do any more mods to the engine for awhile.

Thanks.

What kind of boost are you running?

If you want to meet up sometime, I can help you out in person. :)

I guess I dont really have a good point other than he already has the Whipple supercharger so he could just upgrade with matching injectors. I honestly dont know much about the fuel requirements of the SC. But I have been wanting to get one and just added the the info that Whipple is Putting out on their website.

What suggestions would you offer up?

What suggestions would you offer up?

Not to use 143lb injectors, I guess. 43lb injectors, or possibly 50lb for this setup is more than enough. 143lb injectors, as you mentioned, may be offered by Whipple but would over fuel this truck by close to 200%. That was why I didn't get your point.

I'll look into that.

As for the electronics.......am I to understand that I am to completely yank out all the Whipple stuff- the EFI computer AND the fuel pump booster?

Will the stock fuel pump handle the fuel flow demand of new injectors?

What monitors the Supercharger if the Whipple computer is gone?

Thanks for all the help! Sorry I am such a noob at all this! :confused::uhoh:

I'm actually just in the process of doing this. It turns out my buddy that I had do all the install- TC/Shift Kit/PCM/Low Temp Thermo/44lb injector install, never removed the whipple piggyback like I wanted and still kept the whip. aux injectors in there as well. I also wanted the fuel pump GSS340 and trans cooler installed as well but that will have to wait a little longer I guess.

I just bought a house (with 3 car garage and two car monstrous carport) so I will be moving out of my apartment and can do most everything I need on my own here soon. I'm just curious to know how much better it will do without that piggyback attached and the aux injectors removed. I'm not sure how much the piggyback overrides the PCM. Also wondering how difficult it is to remove all the whip. elctronics and what all is involved with that. I bought my truck with the whipple already on it so I don't know how everything went together.

One thing I do know for sure.....the Whipple SC has a bypass on it and if anything goes wrong the bypass will open. The Whipple computer monitors the SC and there is a warning light that is attached to it to tell you if something is haywire. I don't know the specifics of the 03 installation and it's components on the 03 Silverado. Mine is an 06 installation on an 04 Silverado and I would think there has been quite a bit of R&D as well as improvement over the 3 year period. But then again, what do I know.

• 3 weeks later...

Just about ready for a new tune........

Just to confirm a few things on the injector issue, what size injectors do I want to use. I am currently running 6psi boost but thinking about increasing to 8psi. Was looking at the 43lb injectors and was wondering if they would handle either 6 or 8 psi properly.

Any ideas?