Put her on the dyno today...

They Dyno'd it and did some other scaning. Said it shows alot of knock retard, mid throttle needs less timing, light throttle needs more timing, heavy throttle needs a bit less timing. Isn't this kinda low for HP? I have a Volant intake, B&B catback exhaust, PCMFORLESS tune and a 160* Stat...

DynoChart6-26-06.jpg

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sounds right on to me.

Your graphs are really rough, like your tires were prolly bouncing on the dyno at high speed and that can cause the KR.

Been in that same situation many times. It could be especially bad if you're running the stock rubber over 100mph; which you were.

Yeah it was pretty hot and I do have the stock tires. I can't quantify the amount of KR, I wasn't there when they were dynoin it, they just said there was alot. They also said they could fix my timing if they tuned it...But they charge $700 for a tune and I said forget that! What would be the next mod that would get my numbers up that won't cost a fortune?

Also, if thats my rwhp, what do you think my HP is comin from the engine?

Edited by CaliChevyV8 (see edit history)

A set of long tubes or a GT2-3 cam? Or both? Those give you a good boost. And you can have either one installed for around $700-800 plus an update on your PCMforless tune. Just some thoughts... I put the pace setters on my 03 SSS and dont regret one bit, noticeable difference. I was out the door with custom pipes, high flow cats, and installation for $800.

A set of long tubes or a GT2-3 cam?  Or both?  Those give you a good boost. And you can have either one installed for around $700-800 plus an update on your PCMforless tune.  Just some thoughts... I put the pace setters on my 03 SSS and dont regret one bit, noticeable difference.  I was out the door with custom pipes, high flow cats, and installation for $800.

That sounds good! How much gains did you see? Are they alot louder than before? Does pacesetter have good quality stuff?

another tune PCM4less messed up, hopefully your motor does get hurt cause of tuning

Why do you say that, seems like most everyone is happy with thier PCMFORLESS tunes? Mine is good, you just can't achieve perfection through a mail order tune, all trucks are different...

Why do you say that, seems like most everyone is happy with thier PCMFORLESS tunes? Mine is good, you just can't achieve perfection through a mail order tune, all trucks are different...

You're exactly right :thumbs: In order to get a mail order tune dialed in you need to log time on your truck and send the logs to the tuner.

Bottom line, for you guys unhappy with your mail order tune, if you don't want all that hp the extra timing gives I am sure the tuner will back it off some. But....don't go complaining about the seemingly lack of power when you do. Log a run at WOT and cruise and let him see how your truck is responding to the changes. From there it should be pretty damn close to where it needs to be.

You're exactly right :thumbs: In order to get a mail order tune dialed in you need to log time on your truck and send the logs to the tuner.

Bottom line, for you guys unhappy with your mail order tune, if you don't want all that hp the extra timing gives I am sure the tuner will back it off some. But....don't go complaining about the seemingly lack of power when you do. Log a run at WOT and cruise and let him see how your truck is responding to the changes. From there it should be pretty damn close to where it needs to be.

Hey Ben, how do I log time on my truck for bryan? Not really sure what that means :dunno: