Sway Bars

TrboDslHD

Les Brown,

Is there any chance of a GP on Swaybars with your company? I tried to use your website but looks like you are still constructing that.

I would like either a Hotchkis or Fredirico set up but alway looking to save $.

Thanks feel free to PM me back on that matter.

Les Brown,

Is there any chance of a GP on Swaybars with your company? I tried to use your website but looks like you are still constructing that.

I would like either a Hotchkis or Fredirico set up but alway looking to save $.

Thanks feel free to PM me back on that matter.

I have no problem offering a GP. However I have tried to contact the Admin/Moderators for permission and have not recieved a reply. I do not want to have them upset with us at Speed Inn.

We have 2 sets in stock ready to ship so feel free to contact us.

If the moderators read this and will approve a GP please send us a PM and we will post it ASAP.

Les Brown

Speed Inn

510-259-1464

I am sure that John Hotchkis could counter your arguement. I don't doubt that your bars are nice, but I also doubt that you would say that your bars were inferior either. Not trying to start any lengthy discussions.

Picked up The bars last week and did the install on both trucks. WOW what a difference!!

Here are a few pictures of the bars on the truck. Plus I cut the stock front bar in half to show the hollow bar. When we cut it all this rusty water came running out and the inside had already started to rust out.

In addition it was a straight bolt on system. No drilling or moving/messing of the gas tank. I love the adjustability of the rear bar.

Jimmy

Stock%20Hollow%20Ft%20Bar1.jpg

Stock%20Hollow%20Ft%20Bar2.jpg

SilveradoSS%2001.JPG

SilveradoSS%2005.JPG

SilveradoSS%2006.JPG

Hey TrboDslHD,

Nice bars, but I see a potential problem that a few manufacturers do - the bolts are too short. What I mean by too short is that the bolt shank (not the bolt threads) should make full contact with the supports. Even if you need to install a few washers, the threaded part of the bolt should stick out beyond the bar-link connection and the link-connector connection. If not, over time, the threads will flatten out, and the connection will get sloppy. Also, once the connection get loose, the holes tend to become oval. This does not happen over night, so not to worry, but it only takes a few bucks to fix.

Hey TrboDslHD,

Nice bars, but I see a potential problem that a few manufacturers do - the bolts are too short.  What I mean by too short is that the bolt shank (not the bolt threads) should make full contact with the supports.  Even if you need to install a few washers, the threaded part of the bolt should stick out beyond the bar-link connection and the link-connector connection.  If not, over time, the threads will flatten out, and the connection will get sloppy.  Also, once the connection get loose, the holes tend to become oval.  This does not happen over night, so not to worry, but it only takes a few bucks to fix.

Pics please!!

Examples of bolts from Hotchkis (and the replacement bolts used):

dogbonebolt.jpg

bracketbolts.jpg

Some of these brackets are less than 1/8" thick, which means the edge of one or two threads comes in contact with the hole. In addition, regular bolts threads are about .007" undersize, and the holes are .005 - .01" oversize - making about .012 - .017" of slop. This makes for plenty of back and forth motion to beat the threads up and oval the holes. This is not fun to fix (and I have fixed a few), so use the right lenght bolt, the first time!

There is a great book by Carroll Smith, called "Prepare To Win", which goes into this, with much greater detail.

Called Les at Speed Inn and told him I needed the bars in 4 days. They had the bars to me as promised and they fit perfect. :ughdance:

Took them for a drive and could not be happier. :driving: The truck stays put in the corners and also squats when shifting hard from 1st to 2nd vs the sideways slide without the bars.

Make your own opinions but Les was always availible for questions and made sure the transaction went as smooth as I asked for.