HO Alternator problems!!???

Blue_SS

yea i recently put on some e-fans and i decidded i needed to upgrade the alternator because i had a system also so i ordered a 220 amp ho one from iraggi alternator and now my truck is surging on idle and voltage is dropping from 14 down to around 11 then back up over and over again!! my security light is coming on sayin battery not charging??? does anyone have a clue what this is?

yea i recently put on some e-fans and i decidded i needed to upgrade the alternator because i had a system also so i ordered a 220 amp ho one from iraggi alternator and now my truck is surging on idle and voltage is dropping from 14 down to around 11 then back up over and over again!! my security light is coming on sayin battery not charging??? does anyone have a clue what this is?

did they gove you the "jumper" harness that plugs into the factory harness to fool the computer to think it has an alternator there? also I had to solder in a 1K ohm resistor to my computer lead. call them and they should be able to help you out.

You can get GM compatible alternator that plug right into your factory harness. Trying to run a 1-wire alternator as tha primary alternator can cause problems. I would get a different one. Screw the all the workarounds. JMO.

I have a 200-amp that went in in 10min and no problems.

this one is gm compatible too and it plugs right up no problem, i put my stock one back on and it has been fine just a lil voltage loss because of e-fans, all they told me when i called them bout it was check and make sure belt wasnt slipping and check plug and make sure its plugged in!!

You can get GM compatible alternator that plug right into your factory harness.  Trying to run a 1-wire alternator as tha primary alternator can cause problems.  I would get a different one.  Screw the all the workarounds.  JMO. 

I have a 200-amp that went in in 10min and no problems.

:withstupid: