E-fan Problems???

Blue_SS

ok i had some flexalite 282s installed and they have been acting a lil crazy, its like they run fine 4 a lil bit then all of a sudden my temp starts rising and my transmission temp goes up a lil and it says engine coolant hot so i shut off my truck and 15 miins later it runs fine again for a while!!, i have all the things the flexalites come with!! is there any way to better this system??? if so what do i need and what do i need to do?

Nobody replied to your post so I will chime in for you:

Do a search for PCM fan control. The VSC is crap, I have the 282's and the temp probe crapped out, 1 motor burnt up and the VSC melted at the connection for the fan + wire (all separate incidents).

I have a custom harness with the PCM trigger at 180 on and 175 off (160 thermo) and it has been great. The fans move more than enough air to keep you cool, hell, I have been running on one fan for a few months now....Need to install the new motor :banghead:

I would first check the temp probe and make sure the probe has the little cap on the end once pushed through the radiator and has an impedance of 10K OHMs. Be sure to mount the probe in the EXACT place FAL tells you to. I would then check that you have the wires on the fans run the correct way (i.e. both fans are pulling air from the OUTSIDE grill). I would also check that your coolant is full and you have no air pockets (see the How-2 section for changing a thermostat and bleeding the system).

...just get a harness and a PCM flash and be done with it :smash::thumbs: