Ebay type Question

fox_forma

Ok I just wanted to see where this could go and if i can pursue it in any way. I won a quad that was on ebay which needed work and got it for a pretty cheap price since it had a no reserve. Now I kinda figured the guy would give me some run around because i knew he actually wanted a lot more for it but not my fault he didnt put a reserve on his ATV. I won the auction last night and been emailing him so i could go pick it up ASAP and I wasnt getting any responses so this made me a little suspicious. Well i finally get an email a few minutes ago saying that over the weekend all his quads got stolen out of his shed while he was down the shore. Now I know this is BS because I happened to find some of his posts a few other ATV websites I'm on and I PM'd him right before I got my email asking him if he still had the ATV. He replied YES I STILL HAVE IT, obviously he has no clue its me, but i want this damn quad. I gave up several other auctions that I was watching because i won this auction. So how can I approach this? Arent we in a legal agreement because of this crap. This just has me all fired up right now :throwup:

dont know his addy, but i do know his cell number from researching a little on the web, plus a I know a few other sites hes on.  This may get ugly

You can get his address. As a winning bidder on his auction, you have that opportunity. I would call him first though.

Along with that, follow the directions posted here:

http://pages.ebay.com/help/policies/seller...erformance.html

The eBay motors crew sits about 50 ft away from me. If they weren't all a bunch of lazy punks and took the day off, I'd go check with them to see if they handle their own trust and safety issues or if that goes through the regular channels.

dont know his addy, but i do know his cell number from researching a little on the web, plus a I know a few other sites hes on.  This may get ugly

You can get his address. As a winning bidder on his auction, you have that opportunity. I would call him first though.

The eBay motors crew sits about 50 ft away from me. If they weren't all a bunch of lazy punks and took the day off, I'd go check with them to see if they handle their own trust and safety issues or if that goes through the regular channels.

Ok check this out, after his email about the quads getting stolen, he answered again to my other user name on a different ATV saying he still has the quad and he was looking for $2600, my winning bid was $1400 cause he had no reserve and it needs work. But he really jumped on my ass saying it was stolen after I asked him if it was true or if it was because he didnt get what he wanted and this was his response...

"Do you not understand what just happened to me. if i wanted to get a certain price i would of put a reserve. i just needed money ASAP thats why i put it for sale.... everything in the shed except misc parts is GONE. this is f*cking unbelieveable"

Now here are my PM's to him on the ATV site he had the quad listed for.

1st. Earlier today

ME: Do you still have the predator?

Him: Yes I do, what u got to offer

2nd. 5 min ago

Me: Hey what were you looking to get for that quad anyway? Just for future reference, I dont have anything to trade but i figured I would ask anyhow just in case.

Him: i dunno i need to sell her but i wanted 2600 but ill take what i can get now but defffffinetly not 1400 lol thats a joke

Heres the items number, I want my quad damn-it :banghead: 230001783719

What can I do as we sit now, obviously its because of the price since this moron didnt put a reserve up but even in his email he said if that was the case he would of had a reserve.

Another ebay @ssh0le. You can't trust people anymore, especially on ebay. Whats his ebay account name, if you don't mind? You can be amazed at the stuff you find on the web. People tend to use the same UserNames for everything.

I have most of his info, but i dont really want to just up and drive to his place in Jersey. I would rather make this more of a safe transaction however i can. I havent emailed him back yet about his last email and that hes actually talking to me on the ATV site because i dont know if I should just yet.

Ok check this out, after his email about the quads getting stolen, he answered again to my other user name on a different ATV saying he still has the quad and he was looking for $2600, my winning bid was $1400 cause he had no reserve and it needs work. But he really jumped on my ass saying it was stolen after I asked him if it was true or if it was because he didnt get what he wanted and this was his response...

"Do you not understand what just happened to me. if i wanted to get a certain price i would of put a reserve. i just needed money ASAP thats why i put it for sale.... everything in the shed except misc parts is GONE. this is f*cking unbelieveable"

Now here are my PM's to him on the ATV site he had the quad listed for.

1st. Earlier today

ME: Do you still have the predator?

Him: Yes I do, what u got to offer

2nd. 5 min ago

Me: Hey what were you looking to get for that quad anyway? Just for future reference, I dont have anything to trade but i figured I would ask anyhow just in case.

Him: i dunno i need to sell her but i wanted 2600 but ill take what i can get now but defffffinetly not 1400 lol thats a joke

Heres the items number, I want my quad damn-it :banghead: 230001783719

What can I do as we sit now, obviously its because of the price since this moron didnt put a reserve up but even in his email he said if that was the case he would of had a reserve.

There is a "Report the seller" link that will allow you to report him for this action on the page I listed. I would post his for sale thread from the forums that it is listed, as well as copies of the text he has sent you in the PM.

I can check with a motors guy on wednesday to see what he says. Chances are, the normal channels are what you will have to go through (I have to if I have a problem), but with our increased efforts to crack down on problem sellers, I would think you'll get quick attention.

yeah keep on pming him from the other website, and say you want to come look at it. get there and show hm that your the winning bidder , or take pictures of it and then reporthis ass!!

:withstupid: That's what I would do, especially to save $1200. I would advise eBay Motors that he is selling the item locally without disclosing that in his eBay auction ad. Better hurry and get proof quick though.

Mr. P.

I'm trying to figure out this whole ebay thing since it is kinda considered a contract with something like this. Main thing is he wants more money but he gives me a huge story about them being stolen, now if he would of just came out and really told me what was going on I may be a little more coropative(sp?) but his whole story pisses me off because he actually got an attitude with me about them being stolen. I'm trying to see if I can set it up so I can go look at from my ATV forum account and possibly have a cop or whatever with me showing proof of this then give him his money and just bounce but who knows. Like I said, what got me really heated was his BS story then getting an attitude with me when i asked if it was really about the $$$. The money he is looking for is way out of line anyway, his sh!t is busted and needs work, maybe if it was in good condition then i can understand, but when i will have to drop $500+ into it so I can sell it its obvious. When there is also 30 bids on it and I win with my price thats also a sign its not worth what he wants. I guess we'll see what happens, i'm really dont think much will go down but i would love to really screw him over just cause of the crap he's trying to pull!!!

See- that's what sucks. That's the exact reason I miss out on a lot of cool stuff on ebay. I never buy anything that's over like 100.00. One time there was a Kawasaki Mule for sale on there. I sent the guy a message asking for more pics... he emails me back being all forward asking to make the sale and bla bla bla. Finally after a couple tries to get pics he sends me some pictures.... except it wasn't even close to a Kawasaki Mule. I got like 3 more emails begging for me to "buy it now" There is a LOT of cool crap on ebay that on some days goes for REALLLY great prices. Most of the time though it seems like if it's too good to be true- it probably is. I bought a desktop charger for my i930 cell phone. It ended up working for about a month and now it won't even charge anymore. I can't get toooooo mad though, I got it for like $7.00.

I wish you the best of luck. I always get leary when selling things on ebay because I'm afraid I'll screw up and (for example) maybe sell a 4 wheeler without putting up a reserve or something. From what I understand ebay autions are a legal binding agreement. If they weren't EVERYONE on the short end of the auction would do just what this guy is doing.

yeah keep on pming him from the other website, and say you want to come look at it. get there and show him that your the winning bidder

Thats exactly what I was going to type. Then when you get there you can ask him why he lied and then tell him to sell it for the $1400 or you will report him or sue him or something. Its worth it just to see the look on this dick's face :smash: