need some advice on mod,s

gmc55

i have a 2004 gmc sierra 5.3 z71 ext cab with 20 inch wheels. my trucks kinda slow out of the hole but seems to pull pretty good mid range then falls on it,s face again around 80.i have flowmaster exhaust and k&n air filter but thats all. i was thinking about a programer and maybe a set of headers but don,t know what application would be best for my truck . a supercharger would be nice someday but there so damn expinsive so that may never happen.if anyone has a 5.3 and has done any mods that helped them out please let me know or if anyone has any suggestions and could let me know what kind of gains i can expect.

i have a 2004 gmc sierra 5.3 z71 ext cab with 20 inch wheels. my trucks kinda slow out of the hole but seems to pull pretty good mid range then falls on it,s face again around 80.i have flowmaster exhaust and k&n air filter but thats all. i was thinking about a programer and maybe a set of headers but don,t know what application would be best for my truck . a supercharger would be nice someday but there so damn expinsive so that may never happen.if anyone has a 5.3 and has done any mods that helped them out please let me know or if anyone has any suggestions and could let me know what kind of gains i can expect.

IMHO job 1: Custom tune= whole new truck!!!!

BTW, do a search, you'll find tons of info! ;)

-K-