billet grille $90.00

jon1178

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Total deal price aside, what would you expect shipping on billet grilles to cost, at most?  $15?  $20?

Excessive shipping is on the top of the list of problems that we're trying to take care of, which is why I ask...  I don't want to be a narc, but it's turning off good sellers and leading to a lower overall site experience for everybody.

I'll tell you who has outrageous shipping costs...almost everyone who is selling cell phones on ebay. I've got lucky a couple of times and got shipping for 5-10 dollars, but usually I see shipping cost at 25-45 dollars. Just thought i'd bring that up since you were asking about shipping. :D

Remember the old saying "if its to good to be true it usually isnt"if you cant touch it or see it in person or even know the manufacture it is probly junk.just MHO!

Stick to carraige works they are worth it and they come in powder coated black.

So, did anyone end up getting one of these? I was thinking of getting one.... :dunno:

Just got mine in and got it on in less than 30 min. I still have the grilles for the air ducts but thought it looked better without them. Seems like a high quality product. :thumbs:

75922.jpg

KaotiK1,...Did you strip off all of the old paint before you powdercoated?  I am considering the same thing you did and wanted to know if you sandblasted or just used a solvent.

I used a glass bead machine with about 10psi. I then I have to polish it to overlay the black chrome. Are you going to paint or powdercoat? If you are painting, I would say just use a stripper to clean the paint off.

KaotiK1,...Did you strip off all of the old paint before you powdercoated?  I am considering the same thing you did and wanted to know if you sandblasted or just used a solvent.

I used a glass bead machine with about 10psi. I then I have to polish it to overlay the black chrome. Are you going to paint or powdercoat? If you are painting, I would say just use a stripper to clean the paint off.

I like the durability of powdercoating. I most likely will do that. The black chrome is nice but I will need to polish the assembly like you said. That is alot of work. I most likely will do a black with about a 10% gloss. :dunno:

I like the durability of powdercoating.  I most likely will do that.  The black chrome is nice but I will need to polish the assembly like you said.  That is alot of work.  I most likely will do a black with about a 10% gloss.  :dunno:

No I polished mine because of the powder that was used. Black chrome is a two step/layer process. We experimented with mine to see if it would work, if you did yours it would have a chrome underlay then the black chome color. It was alot of work trust me there, I don'e ever want to do it agian.

I just recieved mine and I can say that it is well worth the $125 shipped!! It was very well wrapped in the shipping box. The grill gave my truck a whole new look!! :thumbs: I'd recommend it! Sorry it was a little dark to take pics, i'll take some tomorrow. :chevy:

I just recieved mine and I can say that it is well worth the $125 shipped!!  It was very well wrapped in the shipping box.  The grill gave my truck a whole new look!! :thumbs:  I'd recommend it!  Sorry it was a little dark to take pics, i'll take some tomorrow. :chevy:

:withstupid: I just got mine yesterday.... I'm going to try to put it on this weekend. :thumbs:

Archived