Local Shop or freind??

StevenSStruck

Well my pacesetter headers just came in today.... And i would like to get them on this weekend or next week at the latest.. I was wondering if anyone knows of a good shop that wont charge me alot in the DFW area?? Im in arlington??

I want to put them on myself but don't have the tools handy?? If anyone, just loves installing headers and wanted to help me install them with their tools and knowledge that would be great!! ill cover any cost and supply beer... :cheers: Just would like to do it myself, just lacking the tools??

Any help in this area would be great!!!!

Thanks,

~Steven

There aren't any special tools required to install them. Although, you would probably want a ft lb tq wrench to tighten to the right spec. A very basic socket set with metrics should pretty much cover it.

I always approached tool buying as a "as needed" buy. If I didn't have the tools I needed to do a job, it was the perfect excuse to buy them and even my wife did not care that I bought them. Sears in most places is minutes away.

The bad news is that pneumatics wont get to all 6 bolts on both sides. There is at least one bolt on each side you will have to hand crank. I used air tools to remove and install, it only took about 10 minutes a side to get off and really with a lift not much more to get them on, the time was fitting in the cats and having someone custom bend and weld some pipe.

I blew a gasket and was stuck with basic hand tools, it only took me about 35-45 minutes to change out the gasket. Learn my mistake and sue fel-pro up front. also be sure to put thread sealer on the threads of the bolts because some of the threads tap into the water jackets in the heads.