Flowmaster 50 Series HD or SUV ??

After waiting for two weeks for my Flo-Pro 2505 I was told that the muffler will be in production only in 2-3 weeks :dunno: Soooo....will I wait 1 1/2 month for that? nope :banghead:

I just ordered my Flowmaster SUV #524554 and the setup will exit right before the rear wheel. (Just like Sandmanss)

http://www.silveradoss.com/forums/index.ph...topic=18240&hl=

I am counting the days :sigh:

That sound is just great!!!

Edited by Simon (see edit history)

• 1 month later...
Im tearing my hair out trying to decide on mufflers for the SS. My last truck had 2 Flowmaster 50 series Delta's on it and I was'nt real happy with them.

Does anyone here run the Flowmaster 50 series HD or SUV muffler? If so, what are your opinions on it and the noise factor inside and out. Better yet, a sound clip would be awesome !!! I've listened to the sounds page on Flowmaster, but I know the SS won't sound like that !!!

Just had Flowmaster 50 Series HD installed with two 3.5 inch chrome tips. Sound is excellent and not too loud in the cab. I had the same system on my 02 Ford F150 V* and was very pleased.

GDR_11

Im tearing my hair out trying to decide on mufflers for the SS. My last truck had 2 Flowmaster 50 series Delta's on it and I was'nt real happy with them.

Does anyone here run the Flowmaster 50 series HD or SUV muffler? If so, what are your opinions on it and the noise factor inside and out. Better yet, a sound clip would be awesome !!! I've listened to the sounds page on Flowmaster, but I know the SS won't sound like that !!!

I have 50 series big block # 530513, it's a dual 3" inlet - single 3.5" outlet. I wouldn't go with the 524454 because the dual inlet is 2.25" on that one. The pipes are actually 2.75" coming from the headers going into a 3" dual entrance with one single 3.5" exit with 530513 by Flow. I have an 06 SS so I don't know if 03-05 is the same. Anyway, I love the sound - it's deep, aggressive and mean. There is some resonance in the cab, but not too much. It totally doesn't sound like the website sound clips either. Good luck...