Jay Leno

Jay Leno is one of Gales good friends and has been in the shop many times with some of his odd vehicles one time he brought his Boss Hoss with the 502 in it this time he brought this monster which has an old air cooled V-12 out of a tank from the 50's. Some of these engines had turbos on them and some didn't This one doesn't and we started making new manifolds and twin turbo setup for it so he brought the car in to test fit everything. Then the plan is to fuel inject this thing with the help of Bosch.

LenoTankEng_0706-94.jpg

LenoTankEng_0706-128.jpg

LenoTankEng_0706-177.jpg

If you look close to that engine which is an air cooled v-12 you will see that it is "backwards" of what you would expect. The intake is on the sides of the engine and the exhaust goes out the top of the "valley" there are two large fans driven by the crank on top of the engine just under the grates in the hood section the actually blow the air out the top of those grates. So he drove it there in 90+ degree weather with the engine blowing hot air right in his face sitting next to hot pipes. He looked as if he was a little more than high on life if you know what I mean.

Awesome pics!

Jay Leno seems like a "car guy" in the most hardcore terms.... Pretty cool he stopped in to see about souping up such a high dollar car IMO....

:thumbs:

Actually he's not just seeing about doing it we have had a mock up engine in our shop for a couple of years now and have most of the parts already built and turbos mocked up. You will be happy to know that it is a Chrysler engine!

Awesome pics!

Jay Leno seems like a "car guy" in the most hardcore terms.... Pretty cool he stopped in to see about souping up such a high dollar car IMO....

:thumbs:

Actually he's not just seeing about doing it we have had a mock up engine in our shop for a couple of years now and have most of the parts already built and turbos mocked up. You will be happy to know that it is a Chrysler engine!

:lol:

Is it? I have seen the car before but never knew...!!!!

I really like the weird and wild stuff, post pics of the finished product if you can, it's a pretty darned cool car to be trusted to mod if ya ask me....

:thumbs::thumbs::thumbs:

I figured I'd repost the boss hoss for those who might have missed it last time!

772146_95_full.jpg

772146_96_full.jpg

772146_97_full.jpg

772146_98_full.jpg

Here is another couple pics I have, when he was here last time he wanted to sit in the road race truck even though it was no where near finished.

772146_93_full.jpg

772146_94_full.jpg