Removing trailer hitch

Bluestreak04

I wanted to remove the hitch to install my shackles, but for some reason one of the nuts of the bolts that are welded inside the bumper must have broken the weld. It was a pain in the a$$. Is there any access to those nuts in the bumper? The reason I ask is because I was going to start taking the bumper cover off to see, but before I did I wanted to make sure. I need to replace the nut and bolt, because I just cut it off!! I don't really tow anything, but I would still like to get it fixed you never know when you will need to tow something. Anyone else have experience with this or am I the only one?? :shakehead:

...from what I remember, I think you can take off the cover and have access to the top of the bolts you are talking about. I didn't have any issues with taking mine off hence it is a little foggy as to where the bolts were.

When I put my factory hitch on I didn't have to take the bumper off. :dunno: If I remember right there are holes in the frame for access to the bolts for the hitch. Do you have to remove bumper or just the hitch to install the shackles?

When I put my factory hitch on I didn't have to take the bumper off. :dunno:  If I remember right there are holes in the frame for access to the bolts for the hitch. Do you have to remove bumper or just the hitch to install the shackles?

You don't have to remove the bumper for the shackle install. You just have to loosen or remove (your choice) the hitch for the shackle install.

at least the bumper cover comes off in like 2 min, you just pop the top foot step off and undo the 2 bolts, one on each side of the cover and it lifts off, then you can get a better look at things at least

Cool thanks that puts my mind to rest! I thought it was more difficult than that! Thanks!! :thumbs: