Not tryin to hate on a Joe Gibbs, But....

Bowtie70SS

2004, Have you swaped yours? Also, looking at the change in boost on their chart, which pulley could you swap too without completely killing the engine?

Going to a 3'' pulley would give a total of 11 lbs of boost, seems like a huge increase?

Also, sounds like "Goodbye Warranty". Would the dealership be able to tell if you were swaping pulleys?

Edited by TTUtim (see edit history)

2004, Have you swaped yours?  Also, looking at the change in boost on their chart,  which pulley could you swap too without completely killing the engine? 

Going to a 3'' pulley would give a total of 11 lbs of boost, seems like a huge increase?

Also, sounds like "Goodbye Warranty".  Would the dealership be able to tell if you were swaping pulleys?

I still have the 3.6 pulley. I'm waiting until I get a few more miles on it before I swap pullies. I've already had two transmission issues that were covered under warranty. On the Gibbs warranty, you don't have to bring it to GM dealer for repairs. Any repair shop will work.

I'm probably going with the 3.4 or 3.2 pulley. 11 psi would need some custom tuning.

240hp ??? That definitely sounds off, 330-340 is much more realistic.  SS bnoon, any ideas where to get the puller?  I've also heard the pullies can not be switched out, because they are molded on?

The pullies are pressed on and need a puller to be removed.

That's one option. There are tons of other options too though. Search any GTP board, SC'ed Thunderbird board, Lightning board, SC'ed Cobra board and you'll find Eaton SC pully pullers and pullies/kits available for sale (used and new usually). Also try Ebay as I've seen several there too. As far as I've seen on the GTP SC, Thunderbird 3.8 SC, and Cobra SC, the Eaton pullies are all the same offset and will interchange between themselves with the only difference being size... If that's not the case and someone finds out otherwise, let me know...