Test Drove A TBSS Last Night

Was bored last night so I decided to go and test drive a new TBSS. It was black, AWD, Leather, basically every option possible with the MSRP at a little over $39K. I wasn't planning on buying it or anything I just wanted to test drive it. I was really impressed with it. I was talking with the sales guy and showed him my truck and the supercharger and everything, and he was like "Would you like me to get it appraised to see what it's worth for trade in?" I figured why not. I had already told him I wasn't going to buy the TBSS, plus I wanted to see what they thought my truck was worth. His "appraiser guy" came out looked at the truck and came back out a few minutes later with an appraisal of $9,000.00 :crazy: I laughed at the guy. He said "The truck has potential frame damage because of the lowering and the drive train might be damaged because of the Modifications to the motor" I first asked him how lowering the truck with a leaf spring/shackle combo in the rear and coils/spindles in the front could possibly damage the frame. He didn't have an answer. Yet this same dealership sells brand new trucks already lowered. He tried to tell me that GM sends them to them that way from the factory and so the frame isn't damaged. Have any of you heard of a Brand new GM truck coming from the factory with a beltech 2/4 drop on it??? He said the supercharger only brought up the value $500.00 :crackup: They also said the "SS Package" could be added to a truck like mine for around $750 (That includes wheels, front/rear bumpers, grill, tailgate cap, and Guage cluster all of which would be GM parts like on my truck) :wtf: I told him if he could quote me on that price I'd by 10 "SS Packages" from them right there. Of course they couldn't do it.

Sorry for the long post but I just had to share.

My truck was on 03 and they gave me 21,5 for mine and let me take off the X2000, intake and bedrug. I think I was low balled with that trade in, but you cant get a dealer to give us more than 20 for these trucks with the gas the way it is.