Buying my first house....

FuelSlut

Well... gave in...

got the mortgage and everything going, all goes to plan i should be moved in by the 22d of next month...

3 bed, 2 bath... blah blah blah... 220 ran to the garage along with gas/heat (and cable :thumbs: )

its not much... but itll "be home to me" :crackup: and my first one at that :thumbs:

payments arent bad, i "should" still be able to afford truck modifications no problem... after i perform a few home modifications :D

more details to come, too excited right now

wish me luck :thumbs:

Congrats. I bought my first house last fall. It has it's advantages and disadvantages, but overall it's alot of work and often more expensive than an apartment. It is nice to have a garage though.

Congrats man! Theres no better purchase than a home. Bought my first house this last april. I bought 2.5 acres a couple years ago as well. Real estate is definately where the money is at. There's just no better investment.

I'm still looking for the investment part. With as much as I pay for house insurance and interest I could be putting that much away every month and likely come out ahead. As for the gain in value of houses, that doesn't even count to me either since everyone else's houses go up along with yours so the amount you gain in your house value becomes more a numbers gain than anything else.

Thanks for the support guys.... i truely aprecieate it. As far as the stress goes, this ones virtually stress free (as much as it can be), no realitor, no inspector, all appliances & furniture inclusive etc., the house is in Melvindale (nice area actually, where this ones at, damn near allen park anyway) but anywho... my great grandmother reciently passed away.... 93 years of age, she is def. in a better place now, and no longer in pain or suffering... and she more than anyone i know deserves more than anything to be in that place (only person i know of to have gone through two rosaries on account of WEAR!), anyway... this house... was hers, and now is left to her three children (my grandmother, my great aunt and my great uncle) they are selling the house to anyone in the family for 30,000 less than the appraised value... that being myself... and like i said "all inclusive"... not to meantion, being that i am able to purchase the house for less than the appraised value, i obtain equity automatically... which is a nice bonus...

im excited... bottom line... it being this affordable, i still maintain the "living within my means" stature i like to keep....

the way i see it... reguardless the house, id be a fool to pass this deal by... no offense to anyone, but the way ive seen things... i would be wasting my money most definatly, living in an apartment (as of right now)....

along side the affordable payment, i have a buddy of mine (life long friend) moving in and paying rent (he refuses to "free-load"), i see that as my cable bill amoungst other finances etc...

i cant wait (to move my tool box on into the garage!!!)

Congrats man!! :thumbs:  There is no place like home!!  Where are you moving out to?  I see you live in Allen Park now.

(melvindale), where abouts do you live? you dont happen to live off of pellham/allen rd. taylor area do you? if so, i live a block behind you... off of allen side (brody), if its you im thinking of... you NEVER drive your truck.... but i could be completely wrong aboot this all...

Thanks for the support guys.... i truely aprecieate it. As far as the stress goes, this ones virtually stress free (as much as it can be), no realitor, no inspector, all appliances & furniture inclusive etc., the house is in Melvindale (nice area actually, where this ones at, damn near allen park anyway) but anywho... my great grandmother reciently passed away.... 93 years of age, she is def. in a better place now, and no longer in pain or suffering... and she more than anyone i know deserves more than anything to be in that place (only person i know of to have gone through two rosaries on account of WEAR!), anyway... this house... was hers, and now is left to her three children (my grandmother, my great aunt and my great uncle) they are selling the house to anyone in the family for 30,000 less than the appraised value... that being myself... and like i said "all inclusive"... not to meantion, being that i am able to purchase the house for less than the appraised value, i obtain equity automatically... which is a nice bonus...

im excited... bottom line... it being this affordable, i still maintain the "living within my means" stature i like to keep....

the way i see it... reguardless the house, id be a fool to pass this deal by... no offense to anyone, but the way ive seen things... i would be wasting my money most definatly, living in an apartment (as of right now)....

along side the affordable payment, i have a buddy of mine (life long friend) moving in and paying rent (he refuses to "free-load"), i see that as my cable bill amoungst other finances etc...

Buying from family is the best way. :D I got mine for 20k off of the appraised because I bought it from my father.

I did tha same thing with my first house. I bought it out of my Grandmother's estate and avoided all of the unseen fees. I flipped it 3 years later for $80K more than I bought it for. After I paid off all of bills (home equity loans) i cleared $50K and used that as a down payment on my current house.

Best of luck! There are alot of "unseen" money pits with a house though :uhoh:

Congrats on the house purchase. I purchased my first house a year and a half ago. Recently sold it and bought my new house last month. I sure am glad that you don't have all the stress and BS that can go along with working with Realtors. This second house has about drove me insane.

Good Luck with the house mods. :thumbs:

Congrats man!! :thumbs:  There is no place like home!!  Where are you moving out to?  I see you live in Allen Park now.

(melvindale), where abouts do you live? you dont happen to live off of pellham/allen rd. taylor area do you? if so, i live a block behind you... off of allen side (brody), if its you im thinking of... you NEVER drive your truck.... but i could be completely wrong aboot this all...

I live in Woodhaven (off of West rd and Hall rd.), and I do drive the truck! :thumbs: I'm looking into buying a daily driver so I can keep the miles off as much as I can. Good luck with the new place man! :cheers:

I'm still looking for the investment part. With as much as I pay for house insurance and interest I could be putting that much away every month and likely come out ahead. As for the gain in value of houses, that doesn't even count to me either since everyone else's houses go up along with yours so the amount you gain in your house value becomes more a numbers gain than anything else.

Yeah, I guess in some sense. For me though it's different because I've done construction for like 10 years. When we (my brother and I) bought that house in April we basically gutted it and redid EVERYTHING. Had it reappriased 5 weeks later and raised the value almost 40k. But even without a construction background... if you buy a house its ultimately going to raise in value. Even if it does in relation to the other houses, it's still appreciating. If you went to sell it, in most cases, you'd make money, you'd just have to spend more to buy again. I bought the 2.5 acres for 46k and in 7 months I had an offer to buy it for 90k. There really isn't acreage out by me anymore... atleast not without going tons farther west. So if I sold it- it would cost me that much more elsewhere. I probably would have sold it too if it wasn't the perfect place I've always wanted to build. My parents just bought property in dixon, IL and are putting up a weekend house. They got the land for 12k and that was one of the more pricy ones right by the water. They have decent sized lots in there for 3-7k. THREE THOUSAND!!! I'm thinking of buying a few of them and just waiting till the area grows. 99.9% of the time you can't lose with real estate.

The only reason we bought that house was because it has a 6 car garage that we get to use for our lawncare/landscaping business. The couple that rents it pays the whole mortgage and all we end up having to pay is the taxes. Not bad for use of a 6 car garage all year long. We did the whole mini storage thing for a while and it was basically just blowing money away.

Buying from family is the best way. :D I got mine for 20k off of the appraised because I bought it from my father.

:withstupid: but even better yet is having your family build you a brand new house labor free. Having a construction background is definately something nice to have. Plus, being in the business gave us the opportunity to have some of the best people do some of the other work- usually at somewhat of a discount due to all the work my fam uses them on other jobs. I think we ended up putting about 65k in equity in my brothers house 6 years ago when we built it. The mortgage was only 100 and if he sold the house right now 6 years later he could easily get close to 200.