proud new owner of 06 v-max

misterp, i don't trust nitrous at least on a new vehicle under warranty.. these engines are'nt cheap if it were a sb 350 nova i would squeeze until "KABOOM" :devil: but i use my truck a lot.

a supercharger is more dependable and always there when you want it, and it would'nt be a thought until after the warranty expires.

the 2-1/2" pipe sounds right i just needed to make sure... now do i need an X-pipe or h pipe before the muffler's?... doe's that add any power or is it just to balance the sound?..

thanks again.

Superado.

I did ASM headders, high flow cats, X pipe and dual FM 40 series on a basically stock truck and picked up a little over .3 in the 1/4 mile. I was pleased.

I too debated the 3" or the 2.5" thing and feel that I made the right choice. I just grew out of the 2.5 now.

I am in the middle of an exhaust upgrade (for a new project ;) ) and am going 3" all the way out instead of the 2.5. I was running 2.5" with my current set-up. Once the 3" is fabbed up, I may hit the dyno for a before and after and see if the TQ is cahnged at all. I like real world #'s for comparo.

Good luck with your mods! And don't give up on the site yet,...there is a wealth of info here. Just may take some persistence to get the exact info you wanted. :cheers:

I did ASM headders, high flow cats, X pipe and dual FM 40 series on a basically stock truck and picked up a little over .3 in the 1/4 mile.  I was pleased.

I too debated the 3" or the 2.5" thing and feel that I made the right choice.  I just grew out of the 2.5 now.

I am in the middle of an exhaust upgrade (for a new project  ;) ) and am going 3" all the way out  instead of the 2.5.  I was running 2.5" with my current set-up.  Once the 3" is fabbed up, I may hit the dyno for a before and after and see if the TQ is cahnged at all.  I like real world #'s for comparo.

Good luck with your mods!  And don't give up on the site yet,...there is a wealth of info here.  Just may take some persistence to get the exact info you wanted.  :cheers:

hello krambo,

from what i've heard on this site the cat's are'nt a big restriction at all, unless you start to get realy heavy with the mods?.. so i think i'll leave my stock ones alone.

since the exhaust will only flow as moch as the most restrictive part of it will allow, maybe i should do the duel 3" out the back.. because i'm just going to cut off the stock system at the muffler and make the duels from there, so the cats and some of the original 2-1/2" pipe will still be there..doe's that make any sense to anyone?

that way if i need to make it a full 3" someday i'll already have half the system there right?.. :dunno:

now one answer i never got was about the x-pipe.. doe's it help with power or is it just to balnce the sound? :dunno:

and as far as the site goe's, i think i got a grip on how it works, how to handle things, and who is cool so far, there are a lot of nice people on here you just need to get there attention and ask the right questions.. but thanks for the info and the welcoming attitude :cheers:

I have to ask what is a V-Max i still have not figured this out yet  :dunno:

it's a VortecMax silverado new for 06 i believe in 04-05 they were called the VHO (vortec high output) in 06 there are 2 versions of the "V-max" the perfomance edition which is a mechanical clone of an SS same suspension, 20" wheels, traction control, and all, just witout the trim and badges.. and theres the vortec max performance package... which includes 4.10 gears on my extcab :D here is the cutout from chevy's website..

Vortec Max Performance Pack

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Available on select Half-Ton LT models, the thundering Vortec Max Performance Pack shows why it’s a force of nature with features such as:

345 horsepower @ 5200 rpm — power unmatched by Ford, Toyota, and Nissan half-ton pickups(1)

HEMI-beating 380 lb.-ft. of torque @ 4000 rpm(1)

10,400 lbs. of towing capacity(2) — the most towing capacity of any half-ton pickup on the road(1)

Super-duty four-speed automatic transmission

Automatic locking rear differential

Ride Control suspension

External engine and transmission oil coolers

Heavy-Duty Trailering Equipment Package

17-inch six-lug, polished cast-aluminum wheels

Based on 2006 competitive information.

Maximum trailer weight ratings are calculated assuming a base vehicle, except for any option(s) necessary to achieve the rating, plus driver. The weight of optional equipment, passengers and cargo will reduce the maximum trailer weight your vehicle can tow. See your Chevy dealer for additional details.

so there you go that's my pride and joy... i got the perforamce pack cause i already had 20" wheels, and wanted the 4.10 gears.. and i like the duel ride control suspension (goe's from soft to firm at the push of a button :D )

any other questions let me know.

i have posted a couple of new topics in regards to headers and exhaust, i know before anyone else says it i've just looked through 9 pages of old topics on the subject for the last 3 hours!.  now i got almost no response to my post althought there were plenty of responses to other post.. i know it's a dead subject to all of you but it seems to me everyone just passed right by my post or would'nt respond trying to get there point accross?... so i looked and looked for hours and you would think the way everyone makes it seem like there would be some clear answer's to my questions?.... wrong what is clear is that everyones questions and concerns are a little different from each other and instantly flaming someone for asking i similiar question is not right, theres an old saying that goe's "there are no stupid questions only stupid answers" i don't think it's nice to ignore or flame someone for asking a question, if you don't have anything nice to say then don't say anything at all. also unless your positive the exact same question was asked before and answered, don't go and tell someone to do a search because there was no clear answer to my question anywhere as you all make it seem.

sorry for the rant but i'm a bit peeved :mad: that i joined this site hoping to find some help and nice poeple to converse with, what i have found is quite the contrary. being a newbie you would think everyone would be a little more welcoming and forthcoming with information to help me down the right track... thats what this site is for right?. doe's everyone in here not realize that these questions will be asked for years over and over again, because nobody is going to invent a new way to modify are trucks.. so at some point the only response's will be "do a search" because everything has been talked about already.. but again everyones questions and concerns are if nothing else even slightly different, then they deserve a slighly different and new reply! :flag:

thanks for the help and next time i'll just "do a search" :(

:repost::troll::lol:

it's a VortecMax silverado new for 06 i believe in 04-05 they were called the VHO (vortec high output) in 06 there are 2 versions of the "V-max" the perfomance edition which is a mechanical clone of an SS same suspension, 20" wheels, traction control, and all, just witout the trim and badges.. and theres the vortec max performance package... which includes 4.10 gears on my extcab

So what your saying is the V-Max is just a cheaper version of the SS just doesnt have the 6.0 and top of the line package that the SS does?

Edited by Mcskandlss (see edit history)

it's a VortecMax silverado new for 06 i believe in 04-05 they were called the VHO (vortec high output) in 06 there are 2 versions of the "V-max" the perfomance edition which is a mechanical clone of an SS same suspension, 20" wheels, traction control, and all, just witout the trim and badges.. and theres the vortec max performance package... which includes 4.10 gears on my extcab

So what your saying is the V-Max is just a cheaper version of the SS just doesnt have the 6.0 and top of the line package that the SS does?

no thats not what i said, i thought i was pretty clear with what they included?.... there are 3 trucks you can get with the LQ9 6.0 v8 there are the SS, V-max performance edition (SS cheaper twin), and the V-max performance pack which is a heavy duty version of the LQ9 can tow over 10,000 lb's... all have there advantages over the other.

but all of them have the 6.0 LQ9 345hp engine... and as far as top of the line packages go the ss doe's not come standard with anything more then the "performance edition" trucks do except for external appearance options.. and the "performance package" trucks don't have the 20"wheels standard and come with a slightly different suspension set-up and heavy duty drive-line components so they can tow more then an SS... so to some it up the same interior and options are standard on all 3, only the body is different between the ss and performance edition.. and the performance pack is the heavy duty version... i hope this answers your question and clarify's your understanding.

any other questions let me know..