need help

currently dropping fuel tank. I can't get the second electical connecter off the top of the fuel pump. Can anyone give me some guidance? I've got the grey lock tab pulled out but can't figure out what to do next

here's a pic

b077.jpg

Edited by 05VHO (see edit history)

finally figured it out. there was a retainer in the back that I could not see at that angle. Had to drop it all the way to access it. Now on to the lock ring. Hopefully I won't blow myself up! :thumbs:

yeah it's real fun especially by yourself. I'm trying to add the magnacharger intank pump so I can install a radix. Now I'm trying to remove the pump from the bucket but can't quite get it. I wish the magnacharger instructions were more up to date. They look to be only for 2003 my pump and bucket look nothing like the ones in the pictures

Yeah, I was just kidding on the tank thing. :D I took mine out by myself also with about 7 gals still in it. Helps to have a floor jack and some plywood. Last time I dropped mine it was half full. Now talk about your fun. :banghead:

yeah it's real fun especially by yourself.  I'm trying to add the magnacharger intank pump so I can install a radix.  Now I'm trying to remove the pump from the bucket but can't quite get it.  I wish the magnacharger instructions were more up to date.  They look to be only for 2003 my pump and bucket look nothing like the ones in the pictures

Well, since you don't have to break into the tank for an '03, I'd say they were more closely related to '04 and above for sure.

Mine slid right out, but I don't have all the stuff in my tank as you do. Pretty sure I just removed the filter off of the pickup and the pump pulled right out. Yours not like that?

Yeah I had about 5 gallons in mine. It was tuff to handle. In the 05's you have to remove the lower part of the bucket and I couldn't figure out how to get that off. I found an old post by blownchevy on pt.net and he had h2 instructions which is what I needed