cursed truck

chpspecial

Well, I finally start driving the truck again and another Lingenfelter stat just craped out on me. This is the third one that gets stuck and causes teh truck to overheat. luckly i was at an offramp that had a GMC dealer there. They took the truck in and replaced the T-Stat and cap because it was not holding any pressure. However, as soon as i get home ~40 miles, the truck speews out all of the coolant. Keep in mind that the truck did not over heat on the way home and it stayed steady at 205* the whole way. The ambiant temp. was 112*.

So, does anybody have any ideas why the truck lost all of the coolant when i shut her down??

Plus i some times trow a P0332 code, Knock sensor bank 2 low voltage. Does anybody know what that means and how to deal with it.

Thanks in Advance

CHP

As far as the coolant, I have no idea. But for the code, I have read on here and other places there was a problem with water getting into the knock sensor area in the back of the engine and fouling it out or corroding it? There a service bulletin released on it and how to fix it by making a dam of some sort with RTV sealer. BUT, it was also my understanding it only affected 97-02 LS1 style engines and it was fixed afterwards, someone correct me if I'm wrong. To fix the sensor though, check to make sure it is plugged ina nd the wires are intact, then replace the sensor if everything else checks out.

As far as the coolant, I have no idea.  But for the code, I have read on here and other places there was a problem with water getting into the knock sensor area in the back of the engine and fouling it out or corroding it?  There a service bulletin released on it and how to fix it by making a dam of some sort with RTV sealer.  BUT, it was also my understanding it only affected 97-02 LS1 style engines and it was fixed afterwards, someone correct me if I'm wrong.  To fix the sensor though, check to make sure it is plugged ina nd the wires are intact, then replace the sensor if everything else checks out.

:withstupid:

I agree. If coolant does seep under the intake it has a good chance of getting into the Knock sensor. There is a rubber boot around the sensor and if it is compromised in anyway, water will get in there and flood out the sensor. I'll bet that coolant did seep into your sensor and the code went away after it had dried. If you are not busy one day, pull the intake and check it out. :sigh:

I got a stock t-stat in it right now but the truck still keeps on overheating. now im thinking that it might be the water pump not circulation water. Its hard to believe since the water pump is not leaking, nor have i found a leak anywhere in the system. But the lower radiator hose stays cool at all times and the upper as well as the heater core hoses all get hot. I doubt that i got a 4th faulty t-stat.