What do you perfer?

orlando

Lets say both are 12.5sec SS trucks. One with a pure built motor with lumpy cam and all the goodies sounding mean. Or one thats a little more mild sounding but supercharged! Times on both trucks being equal. Whats the pros and cons on either? Is it the stealth affect of a supercharged unit that make it more apeailing for most? It seems to me money wize they would be about the same to build? So whats the main reason for picking your poison? :chevy:

if you heard my truck you wouldnt even know its superchargerd the blower is very quiet. but it does sound pretty loud . i just like the sound of a beastly sounding truck. but some like the stalth stock sound which is cool too. i like the idea of a big motor with a lopeing cam but for most a supercharger is easier installation.

I see it's seems to be the more convienent way with less down time to add power? Is that right. I was also thinking most think I'll just add a supercharger and be done with it,and we all know thats just the start of modds to come :D

I figure 7,000 is a close number after all said and done for a supercarger! Gauges,tune,biger coolers etc.etc

Anyone know what the 408 cost to build?

I see it's seems to be the more convienent way with less down time to add power? Is that right. I was also  thinking most think I'll just add a supercharger and be done with it,and we all know thats just the start of modds to come :D

I figure 7,000 is a close number after all said and done for a supercarger! Gauges,tune,biger coolers etc.etc

Anyone know what the 408 cost to build?

A few guys on here have built 402's and 408's with their current blocks, and they cost about the same, but like you said youre going to be looking at a bigger "down time" if the SSS is your daily driver...

I think with a 408 or 402 you leave yourself with more room to grow with a larger cube engine especially with the new magnuson 122H that is soon to come out within the next few months...You also have to take regard of the tranny issues with the AWD depending on what year your SSS is

I like big cubes with a nice fat cam.  I can listen to my father's 67 Vette (427/435HP L71 with side pipes) for hours and not get tires of it.  Kind of strange I went with the huffer.  :dunno:

I like big cubes too...I personally am thinking of going the route of going bigger instead of FI...Just seems like a more stout engine would be better than risking something going wrong with the internals of the engine under 8-9 psi with the Magnuson...

Now to pay off the student loan since graduating, and move onto some real mods to keep up with these socal guys like Chase, Adam and SuperSport

Now to pay off the student loan since graduating, and move onto some real mods to keep up with these socal guys like Chase, Adam and SuperSport

:cry: I am still paying on my loans and will be for another 5 years,...not to mention my wife's loans. I figure I want to enjoy a few things while I am still relatively young so the loans will have to wait. My rate is under 3% so its not that bad. My investments have made up for that loss many times over.