Pink Floyd

SS Silv

Ive seen the Floyd every time they toured since 1977. Best of all those IMHO was The Wall at Earl's Court London (1980), and Delicate Sound of Thunder, when they came to Birmingham, AL-to play for me :) My first show was at age 12, Apr 3 1977 at the Omni in Atlanta-changed my life forever---I still have that ticket stub somewhere.

I guess Im a little bit of a fan :)

Ive seen the Floyd every time they toured since 1977.  Best of all those IMHO was The Wall at Earl's Court London (1980), and Delicate Sound of Thunder, when they came to Birmingham, AL-to play for me  :)  My first show was at age 12, Apr 3 1977 at the Omni in Atlanta-changed my life forever---I still have that ticket stub somewhere.

I guess Im a little bit of a fan  :)

Dude, that phuckin awesome :thumbs:

I hope to see them in concert, but that will never happen.

Edited by SS Silv (see edit history)

I miss The Dead almost as much as I do Pink Floyd. But when they _all_ got back together this year for Live Aid, they sounded not so good...but at least Roger Waters came back to play bass for them one last time.

You know Syd Barrett died last week, dont you?

I miss The Dead almost as much as I do Pink Floyd.  But when they _all_ got back together this year for Live Aid, they sounded not so good...but at least Roger Waters came back to play bass for them one last time.

You know Syd Barrett died last week, dont you?

Yeah, what a tragedy.

At least someone knows good music :cheers:

I too am a big Pink Floyd fan, i got the box set, i listen to it often, i would have to say i first listened to pink floyd when i was in 8th grade. High School our art teacher always listened to pink floyd. Over all i am about an average pink floyd fan if there is such a thing.

im a huge floyd fan.... ive got every album on my xbox 360 :) ... i just got pulse (DVD) the other day at best buy for 19.99 ... i could have gotten tickets to see gilmour at radio city music hall in NYC but football was in the way... hopefully he tours again some time in the future when my football responsabilities are over... Roger waters is touiring again, but his solo stuff sucks and his voice is pretty bad now so im not even going to attempt to buy tickets to see him...

Edited by Coda (see edit history)

I am also a huge fan. First saw them in 1975 for the DSOTM album. I got the new DVD at Best Buy the day it came out for 14.99. I saw this concert in Miami at the Joe Robbie stadium, in the gold circle seating section. Which had waitress's bringing beers to your seat, no waiting in line. There was also a very light rain going on that made the lasers look even better. Absolutely, the BEST CONCERT EVER. For those of you that never saw them, there is a cover band called Australian Pink Floyd that are fantastic. David Gilmour actually hired them to play for his 50th birthday party. Another great video is Roger Waters and many other artist's doing "The Wall" live in Berlin, Germany. Simply fantastic!!!!