Hennessey shows his true colors

Dylan06SS

already been closed down, but for those that know this just further proves the fact Hennessey is probably the biggest ass on the face of the planet. The guys got more pending lawsuits against him for crooked shit than you can count... yet he continues to run his mouth... way to represent your business pal. :banghead:

http://www.300cforums.com/forums/general-d...-own-board.html

wow....i had no clue....damn some people believe they are damn invincible....

Its almost so unreal to think someone of that "caliber" and I say that in light regard, could burn the amount of people he did in that one forum, and potentially kill a good amount of future sales.

I remeber a perfect example of a similar thread here on sss.com with Quik and Bryan of PCMForLess and the professionalism and character Bryan showed throughout the onslaught from Quik about Bryan's tunning capabilities.

To think a vendor, let alone John Hennessey or a person with a similar reputation endowed by the media would act out in such a way really makes people rethink who and where they are taking their vehicles to. Especially when they involve internal performance mods that some people are not that knowledgeable about, or ever think to have another mechanic take a look at the engine to assure the parts that were installed were new and indeed what you paid for.

Amazing what people will do...Thanks for the a good laugh and insightful information Dylan :thumbs:

He's the kind of guy that ANYBODY can bait into the same kind of thread though, he's always been a hothead on many forums for years when it comes to his business.

He's had business "issues" :uhoh: for years and years, and he has responded on the internet in the same way every time.

If he wants a GOOD reputation on the internet then he should hire somebody to take away his keyboard!!!!!!!!!

;)

All I ever needed to know about Hennessey I learned from Car & Driver in 2002

in April 2001, according to a detailed Internet posting, one eager buyer sent his Dodge Viper GTS, with a check for $122,500, to Hennessey Motorsports in Houston. The check was for converting his stock Viper into a Hennessey Venom 800 Twin Turbo, and it was supposed to be delivered in 12 weeks. Later, the buyer sent an additional $20,000 to pay for a further horsepower boost to 1000. But the owner didn't get the car back in 12 weeks. In fact, some 10 months later, in February 2002, no work had been done on the car—and worse, according to the buyer, several parts had been removed from his stock Viper and sold off! This owner has since filed a lawsuit against Hennessey seeking the return of his car, his $142,500, and the usual "punitive damages."

Then I went to Dun & Bradstreet, the financial research firm, where for $117 I purchased a comprehensive report on Hennessey Motorsports. For comparison, I also purchased a report on the well-known Lingenfelter Performance Engineering. The report indicated that LPE was financially sound, with no liens, lawsuits, or judgments pending against it. In contrast, the Hennessey report revealed that courts have four times ruled against the company and that there are 10 lawsuits currently in various stages and three liens. The D&B report also provided a "Financial Stress National Percentile" rating, measured on a 1-to-100 scale, with 100 being the best possible score. Hennessey's company had a rating of one. (LPE had a 79.)

http://www.caranddriver.com/columns/2844/t...ing-column.html

What amazes me is that despite being ranked that low on the D&B report... the amount of bad feedback on the net... the amount of people wanting a peice of this guy for ripping them off... people CONTINUE to bring cars to him and hand over $150k + UP FRONT!!

Just proves theres a sucker born every minute.

the average joe millionaire doesnt really bother with things like research on the net. he goes by word of mouth however among "that circle" there is not that much going on i suppose. thats why they pay so much for simple crap. the problem is that some people dont know better and "trust" to easily as long as you have a big name. the idea behind it is i suppose "why would hennessy be so bad if people keep coming to him and he charges so much he has to be good." bad thoughts indeed....sucks when a person lacks the moral apt and takes advantage.

thanks for the link to car and driver dylan. he'll eventually get his, ive seen people in my town like him come to ruin when the shit hits the fan and they blow...its comin the storm is brewin for him

Edited by drako (see edit history)

Seriously, this guy needs to have his face broken. No lie.. if this was me, I would have been at that shop after I heard about him selling my stuff throwing some hard muay thai knee and elbow strikes into his grill. This guy is a piece of crap and needs to rip off the wrong guy so he can 're-arrange' his ways... and jaw.

something you would NEVER hear from John Lingenfelter

John Lingenfelter will never make internet nonsense of himself because he passed away four years ago!

Hennessy has always, ALWAYS posted on the internet the same way, the more he gets replied to, the more it fuels his fire.

He has also been punched in the face over this stuff, but it only made him BOLDER.

As Dylan says- no matter the amount of internet degradation that he suffers, he still has a lineup of people at his door, and that those people drop thier vehicles off with big wads of cash up front means some people just don't care to research, or they just don't care period.

:dunno:

I've never witnessed one of 'the big guys' re: high-dollar tuners self destruct in public the way this guy has. And the post on the 300 forum will keep showing up on google's cache for the next twenty years. Literally millions of people now know about this.

I don't care how good he is capable of being, or how fast a car he is capable of building-if I dropped off my vehicle with him, along with a wad of cash, and he stripped it, sold the parts, and then gave me the run around, he would be running around minus a few body parts.