Tail Lights???

eh....i personally love our stock tails, but maybe if you smoke them a tad it will come out nice

Yea ive been think about smoking em, it just seems like after looking at the pics of Chase's truck it seems like there is still some red tint when it is light outside which I personally dont want....Seems like the summit racing spraypaint stuff may be too thin, then again if it was thicker you may not see the brake lights...

And I had the black out vent shades on my 2002 1500, and it made the tails bug out :puke: , so i guess i may have to keep the options open

I was thinking about having this place do mine, they did my friend's tails on his black VW GTI and they turned out awesome...

Jon's Tinted Tails

I was looking at the chevy pics and they look too light. You can still see the red undertone of the stock tailight which seems too light or maybe im just too picky...

post-8207-1153848984_thumb.jpgpost-8207-1153849087_thumb.jpg

If you get them done, take some pictures so I can see how they turned out, also what price are they asking for a stage 2 dark tint?

Edited by SoCalSS (see edit history)

well you can always just keep spraying......EVENTUALLY they will get black but you may not be able to see through :D i dint want mine to dark just a darker shade they are still red and not to many people even know that i tinted them until they are next to another silverado

:withstupid: i also did the ssam, i did a how to on it a while back. imo the only tails i would get are the led tails and then smoke them , because without the smoke they are hideous!

the tails you posted dont look to bad imo but id have to see them on the SS to give you my final answer!

Edited by 04CHASE (see edit history)

:withstupid:  i also did the ssam, i did a how to on it a while back. imo the only tails i would get are the led tails and then smoke them , because without the smoke they are hideous!

the tails you posted dont look to bad imo but id have to see them on the SS to give you my final answer!

Yea ive seen the how to, which is great. The only thing I personally dont like is the Cherry-Black color it gives off in the daytime/direct light. I dont know...Maybe 30-40 coats of the VHT will work, or send the lights to the guys above in the link from KissMySilvSS and just have them do an extra dark tink for the tails...

Thanks for the opinions guys...I got the tails off ebay for real cheap so you will see pictures real soon of what they look like probably thursday when i get them in the mail....If i dont like em youll probably see em in the for sale section

looks nice but i was saying to lightly tint the new tails because then you wont see the inner plastic....three coats shoul be fine and they will still look like new. either way they dont look bad and ur truck looks good. never seen pics of it

Thats a good idea drako, I guess I cold head over to summit and but some vht night shade...It would probably turn out better due to there not being so much red like the current stock ones....I dont think anyone has seen any pics of my truck except the door portion when so jerk-off ran into me a month after i got the truck

I might try it out...The lights were in the range of maybe 70$ with shipping so I will try that out next weekend...